mtbr member

Sworks epic help 2009

Just recently acquired this from the original owner,in great condition.However the non drive side seatstay has a pretty big crack in it.So Im thinking new rear triangle.As chance would have it,even though I bought the bike online,it originally came from my Specialized LBS,so I'm hoping ill get lucky on warranty....however...if I don't,I'm just wondering am I going to be able to buy an 09 rear triangle given the age of it? Any help appreciated.

mtbr member

Sworks epic help 2009

The 2009 and 2010 S-Works Epic carbon fibre rear triangles are interchangeable. I think they're very expensive as individual spare parts though. Something like $1,000 USD or so for a carbon rear triangle. If you had to you could fit one of the alloy rear triangles from a lower end Epic of the same vintage to that frame also.

The cheapest way would probably be to repair the carbon chainstay yourself, or maybe send it to a carbon repairer.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Repa...Bicycle-Frame/

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Not only that if you haven't noticed the 26 inch Epic has gone the way of bell bottoms and leisure suits. Specialized prob. either has a limited or no stock left replacement parts for those models. Repair would be my first choice using someone like Calfee. Also don't mistake my comments for saying the bike isn't good, it is great.

mtbr member

Sworks epic help 2009

Ok guys,thanks.So repair is a possibility I hadn't really considered,ill look into that...CHSAD,I hear what you say about the epic 26ers,still good,but the 29er is on the horizon.