mtbr member
    May 2010

Suspension seatpost for my bike?

Hello folks. Since buying my bike I've been gradually changing the components. I've started with the contact points and moved from SPD to flats, changed the grips and fitted bar-ends and changed the saddle too. It's getting more comfortable but I think I'll try out a suspension seatpost. Here's the problem. I don't know what diameter seatpost to buy. Does anyone know what the correct size is for a Specialized Rockhopper SL 2010? Also, does anyone have any experience with suspension posts? I'm looking at the USE range but can't really decide which one to go for.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to reading your replies.

Peace out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Virtually all spesh bikes have a 30.9mm seat post, check their web site or call a shop to be sure.

I rode a rock shox suspension post for a year and the very next year bought a full suspension bike. It definitely helps smooth out the ride, but it's heavier and they require maintenance over time and will tend to twist back and forth as the internals wear out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Source of information

A.
    1. type http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...45806&eid=4340
    2. click in technical specifications;
    3. scroll to 'seatpost';
    4. voila!

B. Cane Creek Thudbuster;

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Cheers guys. The Rock Shox is way out of my league price-wise I'm afraid. To be honest the Cane Creek is also more than I'd hoped to spend but it's maybe achievable. I'm not sure whether the short or long travel version is the most suitable. I don't fly off big jumps and try to stay in the saddle or anything like that so maybe the short travel version is the one to go for. Decisions, decisions...