mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Stumpjumper value

Hi everyone-
    I hope this is in the right forum. I just rode a 2010 enduro and now I have to have one. I knew that would happen but I did it anyway.
    My question is how much do you think I can get for my stumpjumper when I sell it in the spring? IT's an '07 fsr comp I bought new in '08 but it has a lot of mods: X9 derailleurs, x9 shifters, race face team rings, E13 bash guard, Joplin R seatpost (fresh updated guts from crank bros. never used) Easton havoc wheels (3 months old), Dirty 30 bars, Specialized titanium format seat, Top end Sram cassette, and a top end chain. IT also will include a full spare bolt set for the frame and all the tools and bearing to rebuild the havoc wheels.
    any opinions on what it might sell for? Thanks!

M

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgunstudios
    Hi everyone-
    I hope this is in the right forum. I just rode a 2010 enduro and now I have to have one. I knew that would happen but I did it anyway.
    My question is how much do you think I can get for my stumpjumper when I sell it in the spring? IT's an '07 fsr comp I bought new in '08 but it has a lot of mods: X9 derailleurs, x9 shifters, race face team rings, E13 bash guard, Joplin R seatpost (fresh updated guts from crank bros. never used) Easton havoc wheels (3 months old), Dirty 30 bars, Specialized titanium format seat, Top end Sram cassette, and a top end chain. IT also will include a full spare bolt set for the frame and all the tools and bearing to rebuild the havoc wheels.
    any opinions on what it might sell for? Thanks!

M
    Ufortunately, full suspension bikes don't hold their value very well. The Stumpjumper also redesigned this year so you have that working against you too. When I sell a bike I usually watch e-bay to see what they are going for and that will give you a ballpark figure. If it is in good shape and a few years old, I would say roughly half of what you paid for it new. I would also take off any upgrades that you might be able to use on the new bike. Most of the time they will be worth more to you than adding value to the sale.

Good luck!!!! And I hope you enjoy the new Enduro. I have one and I love it!!!!!
    Specialized BG FIT Master Technician

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Totally agree with jrob1775..

Exactly.
    50% of the initial value is what works.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks. All that stuff new plus the bike new is about $3300. Does $1650 seem fair?

cougarbait
    upgrades usually don't contribute much value to a used bike. $1650 seems very high for a comp-level bike that is now 2 generations old. the MSRP on that bike was $2200.. don't know where you got $3300 since the upgrades you mentioned aren't nearly worth $1100, even new. $1200 is a more realistic price.
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Joplin 230, X9 front and rear about $100, shifters about $80, Wheels $450, bash guard $30, Rings $65, Seat $100, bars $65, Cassette $65. That's $1120 all together.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Pricing

A friend of mine had $6200 into a freeride bike, he just sold it for $2300 and it was in great shape. Like stated above, when the frame design changes a lot the earlier models drop a lot.

Kind of like throwing up, its better to get it over with.
    This is why I only trade up every 5 years. You get bent over...

(not that fast)
    Joplin 230, X9 front and rear about $100, shifters about $80, Wheels $450, bash guard $30, Rings $65, Seat $100, bars $65, Cassette $65. That's $1120 all together.
    the bike came with an X9 rear, not trying to start anything, just wondering why you would replace it with the same thing (maybe a different cage length)?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    IIWM, I'd ask 1500, and take 1300...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I replaced the x9 because I smashed it off a couple of times. frogto it was x9 to start thanks.

cougarbait
    you can get those wheels for $300 new

you're better off saving some of those nice parts for your next bike
    Last edited by Lambdamaster; 10-28-2009 at 04:36 PM.
    09AS-Rsl/09Six