mtbr member

which Stumpjumper upgrade to from '07 - '09 or '10?

I have been having fun bombing around on my 2007 SJ FSR comp that has a few good upgrades, but looking to upgrade for the 2010 year. I am thinking at minimum Elite level SJ FSR. I am a fairly aggressive bigger guy that likes the fairly neutral to laid back geometry of the '07 frame.

Of the 2009 and 2010 SJ FSR lineup, what are your thoughts on best bang for the buck for me?

Cape Fear River
    Aug 2006
    What's wrong with your current SJ FSR? The reason I ask is cause I just bought a 07 SJ frame. I hope I didn't go wrong. The only thing I see different is the shock configuration has changed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I would pedal both around and check the fit first. I had an '08 (same as the '09) that I could not get to fit without a setback seatpost. Would not have been a problem except that it put too much of my weight over the back wheel. Strange that it was so far off because I seem to fit most Medium/54cm/17.5" frames well.

My current bike has the shock in the same position as the '10. I like it a lot because I can switch settings very easily while rolling.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by capefear69
    What's wrong with your current SJ FSR? The reason I ask is cause I just bought a 07 SJ frame. I hope I didn't go wrong. The only thing I see different is the shock configuration has changed.
    just like most things in ones life, there is nothing wrong with the current bike, but there are some things that can definitely be improved upon. For example the rear suspension; from the shock to the design has been improved upon in the '09 and '10 designs. Frames are lighter, stiffer etc.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Nothing wrong with the 07 model and the 08 and the 09 and lastly the new 2010,see that's the problem they are all worthy machines so where does one draw the line,where does one say OK i'm happy now with my bike,probably only until yet again we are scratching about websites looking for pics and info of the new even better 2011 models.MOUNTAIN BIKES ARE TRULY ADDICTIVE.

Cape Fear River
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by motard5
    just like most things in ones life, there is nothing wrong with the current bike, but there are some things that can definitely be improved upon. For example the rear suspension; from the shock to the design has been improved upon in the '09 and '10 designs. Frames are lighter, stiffer etc.
    I see your point.
    Last edited by capefear69; 11-14-2009 at 02:36 AM.