mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Stumpjumper S120 fork reviews?

Anyone with a new Stumpjumper want to share some insight on the new S120 fork? How does it compare to a Fox terralogic?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Have a look around on here but there arenít many with that fork yet, have a read of this months MB Action mag cause there was some reason they didnít like it, I think they thought the bike was unbalanced, front and back su, and it was very hard to set up for yourself, but vs779 seems to love it so maybe there is no real problem and they are brilliant see here:pic of my 08 SJ FSR Pro Carbon

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

feels close to the Terralogic

My 05 S Works Epic had the Fox Terralogic 100. This fork is close but a few things are different, first off even with the compression knob turned all the way in the fork won't lock out completely so if you try to stand and pedal it will break free instantly. With the knob set at 3-5 clicks out it feels like a standard Fox. The best thing about this fork is the weight, how high it stays in the travel and the fact it does not dive under braking also this fork seems to have very little stiction which keeps it plush and fluid throughout the stroke. I checked to see how much travel I was using today and it was 120mm so thats good. I have nothing bad to say about it seems to work great. I think Specailized went for something in between the Terralogic and the Float.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    WhatMTB remarked the new Stumpjumper by saying that they will provide more test on it cause, the fork work remarkably but the new brain stop working (stucked in locked position) so they were kinda disappointed. Guess we have to wait for the next issue
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy