banned

Stumpjumper FSR/XT M760 Crank spacing

I have a 2005 Stumper Jumper FSR Comp100 and XT 760 Hollowtech II crank and an XT E-type front derailleur. When I shift from my middle gear to granny it shifts fine on the stand but when I'm riding it doesn't shift. And it shifts easier when in the larger rear cogs than when in the smaller rear cogs. I'm thinking it's the spacing on the front crank causing a problem with the chain line. Anyone know how many spacers I should use or should I take the spacers out entirely since I'm using an E-type derailleur.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    normally it is 2 spacers on the drive side and 1 on the non...but since you have the e-type derailer, you need |\__| where the | = a spacer and a \ = the e-type bracket and __ = the outer housing...hope you got what i ment...just replace the inner spacer with the e-type bracket
    Salsa Dos Niner SS

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andino
    normally it is 2 spacers on the drive side and 1 on the non...but since you have the e-type derailer, you need |\__| where the | = a spacer and a \ = the e-type bracket and __ = the outer housing...hope you got what i ment...just replace the inner spacer with the e-type bracket
    I thought that would be the setup. I wasnt sure. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have a 2004 SJ FSR XC and it just didn't seem right to put the two spacers on the drive side, so I put one on the drive side and two on the non-drive side. I do not have the E-type derailleur. I've had it like this for about 1,5 years.

Has anyone else experienced this?