mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Stumpjumper FSR Pro Carbon 09 or Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 2010 (HELP)

I Everyone

I am very indecisive and needed all the help possible to make this decision to purchase. It's the next plan to buy a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR and the store where I am a customer has the Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro Carbon 2009 with the Specialized Future Shock S120 fork and Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon new 2010 with the Fox Talas RL, 140 / 120 / 100mm travel. The seller says he bought the 2009 as this with the same price as 2010 but has a Future Shock. But I'm more tempted in 2010 it has 140mm of travel and I practice an all mountain smoother. What I advise you knowing that amber has the same price?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I am not sure how much of a role aesthetics are going to play in your decision, but I think the 2010 StumpJumper FSR Expert Carbon is a beautiful bike - The white with exposed carbon is stunning!

JA

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    2010 is better!

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009
    agreed.
    "The original concept of freeriding was that there was no set course, goals or rules to abide by. "
    Mountain Riders

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    should be no question about it! Get the 2010!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I Agree the Stumpjumper FSR 2010 itīs a beauty.... but can i feel the diference between 120mm and the 140mm .... ???? Thkx People. And NERVOUS Its that one... thkx for the pic

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hell yeah you can feel the difference between 120 & 140. It also changes the HA a bit.. at 140 I feel more upright and I don't get that feeling of going OTB. My back end is only 120 though...

But yeah, the Talas fork will help you in climbing and descending... no brainer and the 2010 has more travel in the rear... AND it looks better... JMHO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Belga
    I Agree the Stumpjumper FSR 2010 itīs a beauty.... but can i feel the diference between 120mm and the 140mm .... ???? Thkx People. And NERVOUS Its that one... thkx for the pic
    Yes, the picture I included above is the 2010 StumpJumper FSR Expert Carbon.
    JA

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Great People Thkx for your fast answers... I will buy the 2010 so....

mtbr member
    The difference is so much more than just 20mm more travel!

20mm extra travel aside, try......smoother travel/less stiction travel/far far better brain function/bearings on the shock link for less stiction etc etc.

These are my observations on the 2010 expert, having actually ridden a testbike...and also actually owning a 2008 expert for 2 years.

Get the 2010!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hi Skleins.. thks for the post.. its justa that kind of answers i need to know before the.... buying decision