mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Stumpjumper FSR Pro 120

First post here may as well be about my new bike.

I've been riding about 15 years and my last bike was a GT XCR2000 (pre bankruptcy). It's still in great shape but over the past few months have been wishing for a new ride. I went into my LBS a couple weeks ago and see this beautiful piece of machinery better known as a Stumpjumper FSR Pro 120. XT components across the board with the exception of the rear mech (XTR), integrated shifters, disk brakes, Manitou Minute fork (130 mm travel, adjustable down to 100mm) and a Fox Septune shock (5" travel)

A couple things concerned me going to this new rig. First of all, the shock can not be locked out but it is very adjustable and going to riser bars after having ridden with a flat bar for 15 years. The way the geometry of this bike is set up, I feel little to no bob when the shock is set at it's stiffest setting. It has taken a little getting used to climbing with the risers but the difference on the descents is amazing, so much more control.

The lateral flex on the fork is so much less than on the stock RS Sid that came with my GT. The bike actually goes where I point it, amazing. The ability to dial down the fork on climbs really helps as well.

The integrated shifters are taking some getting used to but I love them already. Shifts like a dream and there is actually some time saved having the shifters integrated into the brake levers.

I've been a die hard IRC Mythos XC fan for along time, but the stock Specialized tires handle like a dream. It probably is a combination of the stiffer fork AND the tires, but I am taking tight corners alot quicker.

The additional travel in the suspension is allowing me to bomb technical descents a bit quicker than in the past. People that have been keeping up with me in the past are now getting lost in the dust. Woohoo.

It's a great bike and it will only get better as I get more used to it. Thumbs up from me!!!

Chris

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    cool--glad u like the bike; I've a new expert 100 stumpie full suspension myself. Just like you, the risers felt awkward for maybe the 1st two rides--now all is grand.

welcome to the boards and post up some ride stories/photos on the main section-"passion".

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    cool--glad u like the bike; I've a new expert 100 stumpie full suspension myself. Just like you, the risers felt awkward for maybe the 1st two rides--now all is grand.

welcome to the boards and post up some ride stories/photos on the main section-"passion".
    Thanks brother. What island are you on? I make it over there once or twice a year and have always been itching to bring my bike but get vetoed by the wife. I can imagine the riding is phenomenal if you know where to go.
    Chris G
    Riding a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro 120
    Somewhere behind the Orange Curtain