mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Stumpjumper FSR Expert EVO 29er size question

I have an opportunity to get this bike for a nice price but am on the fence on sizing. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to test ride and get fitted for the right size. I'm generally between a large and medium on most bikes at 5' 10" with a longer torso and shorter legs. I've searched the forum and compared sizes on line of top tubes. It appears that a medium in the FSR is similar to a large in the Epic and a large in many other bikes.

I'm curious if others have found this and which way did you go on sizing? For more all-mountain bikes, I tend to go toward a medium and toward a large on x-country. Any help is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hello!
    I just got that bike in M Iím 1.80 and I have to use the seatpost at its max length, I had to change the stem to a 100mm and the handlebars to a flat one. Now it fits great, I had an epic L but it felted to big, thatís why I went M on the stumpy fsr.
    Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stumpjumper FSR Expert EVO 29er size question-img_2278.jpg  

2013 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Evo 29er M
    2011 Stumpjumper S-Works HT 29er 19"

mtbr member
    2012 SJ EVO 29

I am 5' 10" and have had two other S bikes in med and they felt tighter then the med EVO. Something to think about is the L will have a longer wheelbase, and these things are long.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I vote M, with the setback of the stock Command Post and a slightly longer stem, you should be OK.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the help!