mtbr member

Stumpjumper FSR Elite 29 2013 ( EU colors)

Man..almost two months of wait but finally the bike will be here next week. This is the only picture of the bike "live" instead of the usual color altering marketing pics. I have to say I like it very much,probably more than the black-yellow chosen for the USA market. We'll see it how it looks in person
    It definitely seems that Specialized wanted to create a 2011 EVO 26 lookalike for this one. The 2011 EVO was yellow and black for USA market and red and black for EU market.
    I'll post a better pic when I'll get it. Can't wait
    Wheels are going immediately
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stumpjumper FSR Elite 29 2013 ( EU colors)-17-780-520-0-0-0-0-5-0-8-12013ca9.jpg  

Pex
    mtbr member
    I was excited when I saw (EU colors) but, this is the same color offered in Canada.

Such a pity, I'd probably own this bike if it came in a different color. I really like the blue/black of the carbon comp, but really want a brain and XTR etc.

I also considered a 2012 SJ elite (black/white) but wasn't certain I wanted to stick with 26" wheels.

Is it too much to wish for a 650b SJ elite in blue/black?

Ugh first world problems......

mtbr member
    The bike is here and it's beautiful but coming from an Epic Expert with Roval Control SL wheels and a current road Roubaix this 14kg monster feels like a freaking bag of concrete on the uphills. And it's completely dead at picking up speed. I hope is just a matter of getting used to it.... Needless to say I feel like a champ on the downhills. Gettind rid of the Command Post asap,I don't need it for my local trails and hopefully it will shave some weight off. Wheels are Sun Ringle' Black Flag Pro 29,as expected OEM hubs where complete crap,didn't even bother. Brain has incredibly improved compared to my old FSR Elite 2011 one's but as expected Autosag is completely lame,needed to pump some air back in order not to have a way too squishy suspension.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stumpjumper FSR Elite 29 2013 ( EU colors)-img_1137.jpg  

Stumpjumper FSR Elite 29 2013 ( EU colors)-img_1139.jpg  

Last edited by Devastazione; 10-21-2012 at 03:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    LMAO!!! A bag of concrete????? I spit my coffee out on that one....