Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    325

    STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON EVO R 29-- My head is spinning!

    I walked into my LBS yesterday, fell in love with this bike, and brought it home today. It's gorgeous! Was having a hard time finding a lot of info on here about the model. Who has one? Like it? I hope to take here out for a good ride tomorrow if the weather straightens out a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON EVO R 29-- My head is spinning!-bike.jpg  


  2. #2
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,418
    Awesome bike, there are a few rigid SS Carve threads on the first page, but I think you're the first one to post up with the Expert Carbon Evo R version, congrats!

  3. #3
    LFJ
    LFJ is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    217

    didn't

    I didn't know these were available yet. Very nice. Let us know how the ride is.
    [/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fargon View Post
    I walked into my LBS yesterday, fell in love with this bike, and brought it home today. It's gorgeous! Was having a hard time finding a lot of info on here about the model. Who has one? Like it? I hope to take here out for a good ride tomorrow if the weather straightens out a bit.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Devastazione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    984
    Holy sh.. dude,that's one mighty rocket !! I bet you can keep up with roadies big time. Please post us a full post ride report.
    '13 Stumpy fsr Elite 29 pimped
    '12 Roubaix Expert pimped for sale
    '15 Tarmac Sworks

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    282
    Wow that is a gorgeous bike. How much does it weigh?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    325
    Thanks guys. She weighs 19lb 10oz with eggbeater 3's and tubes in the tires. Should be able to get her down to 18ish pretty easily. Just got in from my first ride and I'm in love! I have never ridden a 29er that handled so nimbly. It climbs like a dream and feels so compact and light underneath me. I seriously wondered for a minute if I had purchased a bike with 26" wheels. I had to take it down a notch down rooty hills, but this is to be expected with any rigid fork. Some ergon grips and lower PSI will definitely smooth things out a bit. I honestly can't think of much I would change on the bike because A: I spent all my money on the bike and B: The bike is a XC rocket.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    325
    And here's a shot of her sexy arse
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON EVO R 29-- My head is spinning!-newbike1.jpg  


  8. #8
    The Hutch
    Reputation: rob1208lv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,231
    Yea we got one in the shop the other day 19lbs 2 OZ out the box in 19" .. came in on pre season orders .. Pretty Sexy, I bet you can get this sucker down to 16lbs with better wheels and tubeless.
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1208lv View Post
    Yea we got one in the shop the other day 19lbs 2 OZ out the box in 19" .. came in on pre season orders .. Pretty Sexy, I bet you can get this sucker down to 16lbs with better wheels and tubeless.
    Well I broke down today and took my Crankbros Cobalt 3's off ebay and put them on tubeless. Haven't weighed it yet but I'm sure it dropped some weight. The tubes were surprisingly light but I probably lost half a pound from the tubes alone. (Total guess.) Might throw on an XX cassette and some lighter pedals if money allows. I think 16 pounds would be pretty expensive but I might be able to reach 17.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    325
    Here she is with the Crankbros wheels. Please forgive the crappy pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON EVO R 29-- My head is spinning!-stumper.jpg  


  11. #11
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,709
    That is a seriously nice bike.

  12. #12
    The Hutch
    Reputation: rob1208lv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fargon View Post
    Well I broke down today and took my Crankbros Cobalt 3's off ebay and put them on tubeless. Haven't weighed it yet but I'm sure it dropped some weight. The tubes were surprisingly light but I probably lost half a pound from the tubes alone. (Total guess.) Might throw on an XX cassette and some lighter pedals if money allows. I think 16 pounds would be pretty expensive but I might be able to reach 17.
    Post weight I'm curious now
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    That is a seriously nice bike.
    Thank you!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1208lv View Post
    Post weight I'm curious now
    I don't have the scale but next time I'm at my buddy's place I'll get a weight. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm guessing that I'm right around 19 lbs but I could be wrong. I guess 21 when it was at 19lb 10oz.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •