mtbr member
    Dec 2007

is the stumpjumper comp 08

a good choice for xc racing
    right now i ride a rockhopper and i want an upgrade bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    theres one down in the shop and i was surprised when i picked it up that it was quite heavy, i thought they had made them on par with the epic now, my epic comp weighs in at 27.5 pounds stock with heavy shimano SPD's, i dont know the exact weight of the SJ comp but picking it up it was noticably heavier than my epic

mtbr member
    Yes! its fast and still quite a lot lighter than other 5in travel bikes for the same price.

Where are you going to be riding it and on what kind of surface?

The Other Dude
    I plan on racing my stumpy this season, last year i raced an Epic.....it was great, but i wanted to try something new, and i am waiting to see what 09 brings for the epic.....hopefully a 100mm fork like whats on the new stumpy carbons!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EGF168
    Yes! its fast and still quite a lot lighter than other 5in travel bikes for the same price.

Where are you going to be riding it and on what kind of surface?
    i live in norh carolina so the trails are dirt alot of roots logs and some rocks
    if you know owls roost thats my main trail

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rattlehead
    i live in norh carolina so the trails are dirt alot of roots logs and some rocks
    if you know owls roost thats my main trail

Perfect riding conditions! Iím sure youíll be fine on those surfaces, some of the Sram and Avid kit doesnít cope well in very dusty or muddy conditions.

I hope you get it soon and try to post some pics out on the trail or the race.

Merry Christmas!