mtbr member
    Dec 2007

stumpjumper 2008 carbon riders,please come in

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi to all riders.
    i would like to enquire about a few questions as im thinking of getting a stumpjumper 2008carbon frame.

1)if i cycle pass some rocky path or terrain while the carbon frame breaks,does it still being covered by lifetime warranty,and LBS exchange one for me?

2)if i used the carbon frame bike for 3 years down the road,and carbon frame cracks due to normal wear and tear (no. of years of usage),can i still exchange the frame under the claim of lifetime warranty?

3)while cycling,the brain shock doesnt lockout or is able to be unlock("open"),can i still claim lifetime warranty?

mtbr member
    yes to all 3, hence the lifetime warranty. just make sure its brand new when bought and you keep the receipts!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve
    yes to all 3, hence the lifetime warranty. just make sure its brand new when bought and you keep the receipts!

thanks pal.and just want to know when i sent back to my LBS if there is any fault for warraty claim,do i have to pay for shippment?

how often do you service your shocks?

mtbr member
    no, the shop should cover it, because specialized usually sends a call tag for it. You might have to pay for complete disassembly and reassembly, though. I've had a good amount of miles on both my shock and fork and haven't had to rebuild/service anything yet. im pretty lucky. i have a feeling the shock might need to be serviced, soon though

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    then pal,if i dont go ahead and do maintenance by servicing the shock until it broke down one day with all the leakings and stuffs,could i just go for the warranty claim....??

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    rockdhop, what do you think? Why would you not maintain it? Specialized are, in my experience, very good with genuine warranty claims. Why try and abuse the system? If they make it and it fails because it had a fault, they will look after you. If it fails because you abused it, why should they replace it? Seriously, a bit of common sense please. If warranty concerns are the only thing holding you back from buying a Specialized then get over it and just buy one! Spec warranty has to be one of the best going around.