mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Stump FSR with RP23?

I have a 2007 Stumpjumper FSR Expert and I'm considering switching out the Brain shock system in the rear with an RP23. The Brain is just too plush will switching out the complete rear suspension system to the Fox RP23 firm up this bike? Any thought or help is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Read the pro pedal vs. the Brain thread...it will answer all your questions.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If you decide to go along with the change would you be willing to sell the Brain? I have a 2007 Stumpy Elite with the Triad and am looking to change it out.

Tom

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    How would you mount the Brain to a bike like the Elite that didn't come with the mount welded into the frame like the Expert and Pro?
    Thanks
    S1

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i"ve been thinking about getting the brain for my fsr comp, but dont you just need the bracket for mounting the brain on the frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    As I understand it all the 07 chainstays have the screw holes on the disk side and you just need to bolt on the bracket for the Brain.

Correct me if I am wrong.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    i switched out the triad on my 07 comp for the 07 speci afr brain just by buying the little carbon bracket. easy as pie. all aluminum stumpy fsr frames are the same.