mtbr member
    Jul 2008

stuck travel adjuster

the black travel adjuster is stuck on my e150's anyone any idea of how to fix?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LARRYTHELATHE
    the black travel adjuster is stuck on my e150's anyone any idea of how to fix?
    if you are lucky and its just stuck from hard water jamming it up , you can loosen your upper clamp bolt ( to help relieve pressure )---loosen up the screws that hold the lever on , and soak it with penetraint oil , ---howells, break free , or something like these , ---and let it sit and then try to gently break it free working it alittle at a time .

you can disasemble the whole unit and repair it ------but it is alot of work and ,

if you can not get by soaking it -----i would have specialized warranty you a cartridge .

the first thing you do when you get your cartridge , is keep oil on this cap , -----and do not ever tighten the the screws very hard at all that hold the lever on , --------and do not water wash you bike ------ ---with out air drying it and re- greasing everthing

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    oh good
    I'll have a go at that later leave oil pool in it for 24 hours.
    so i am never ment to get the bike wet not so good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LARRYTHELATHE
    oh good
    I'll have a go at that later leave oil pool in it for 24 hours.
    so i am never ment to get the bike wet not so good.
    of course the bike will get wet in certin conditions , ------but the way we clean our bikes is what ruins them ------normal tap water ( which i never use ) ---must be use very carefully and not sprayed with any force behind it ,

i get more mx bikes and bicycles that have been washed to death with water and everything disimular metal corodes into a stuck jammed mess .

if you do wash you bike with tap water ---there is an art in doing so with care-----and then using compressed air to compleatly dry the bike off.

you want to try and not have to water wash your bike if you can help it .

i can use just compressed air for the most part , ---and use a damp cloth to soak some of the stuck on dirt to get it soft and air it off .

water is not your bikes friend