mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Straight Post on Enduro SL

Has any one swapped the setback post for straight? I prefer the post to go all the way down to avoid it kicking me. If so, if replace with a straight Thompson how far back do I move the seat to keep it in the same position.

Wait, what!?
    Why do the Comp and Expert have the straight and everything up doesnt in the first place? I would think the setback one would be better?

mtbr member
    I have replaced the lay back on my medium SL Carbon for a straight post. Made a massive difference for me. Improved handling, climbing and made no difference on DH ability at all. I have shortish arms so was a wise choice.
    "for a hill they would kill why, they do not know"

all your base
    currently running straight thompson elite on my sl pro, no problems so far. Nice to be able to drop it all the way down now. the bike already has a reaward weight bias so i don't feel any problems on the trail.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sounds smart and really dont know why the upper levels have setback. So if I replace how far back do I need to move my seat to keep the same position. I guess I could eye ball it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I ran a strait thompson on my pro carbon before switching to a gravity dropper. Layback was just to far back for me, strait post seems right for the bike.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.