mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Still confused about putting a coil in an Enduro

I have an 07 Enduro size small and i am wanting to replace the dhx air 3.0 that came with it because i have blown it. I really want to put a coil in it but i have heard lots of different opinions on the topic. Specialized tells me that any coil i put in it will hit my frame, others say it has to be a vanilla rc, others say it ca be any coil, Fox tells me that i cant change it at all. Obviously it is not impossible if anyone could help i would be appreciate it very much.
    Thanks
    Dustin

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

enduro upgrade

There is a way, I think but it circumvents Specialized design plan. They dont want people hucking off stuff with enduros. What I would do is try to find either the same sized eye 2 eye and see if it fits, Or try to con them out of the linkage that is short enough to get the reservoir to clear. You could always cut down one of the extra shuttles you got, or have a buddy at a machine shop make one for you. I thought of doing the same to get the travel the sx does. but I havent really got into it yet. Have you tried getting your shock warrantied?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

No warranty for me

I dont think that it is in warranty, i bought the bike from some dude off of ebay. It was brand new but the warranty is no good i think. I checked with fox.
    Thanks for your help

mtbr member
    Maybe push could rebuild it for a better price than fox??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay
    Maybe push could rebuild it for a better price than fox??
    PUSH doesn't work on the dhx air shocks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Why do you want to put a coil in it? I admit THEY LOOK BEEFY AND COOL and they have a threaded body that almost no body knows how to properly adjust.... but if youre gonna swap out the rear shock theonly reason that i could see to use a coil, is i got one for free and i cant afford the proper part

You stink
    Oct 2005
    There is a thread with enduro picks and a lot of people have put coils on their bikes. Even an SX 4x frame was switched from the RP23 to a coil. One of those guys could help you I'm sure.
    Less Talkie Talkie, More Ping Pong!

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda76
    Why do you want to put a coil in it? I admit THEY LOOK BEEFY AND COOL and they have a threaded body that almost no body knows how to properly adjust....
    WHAT!?!?!?!????
    but if youre gonna swap out the rear shock theonly reason that i could see to use a coil, is i got one for free and i cant afford the proper part
    Again, WHAT?????

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by be350ka
    WHAT!?!?!?!????

Again, WHAT?????
    dude, i had so much i was going to say in response to that post but i figured i would just be wasting my time. your reply pretty much sums it up though...