mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Stem for '07 Stumpy FSR

Iīm looking for a new stem for my Stumpy and I am in doubt aboout which size should I choose. I have a L size and I am 178 cm, the lower limit that Specialized recommends for this size.

The lenght of the stem in this size is 105 mm and I would like to put a smaller one, but, I donīt know which size would fit better, 90 mm or 100 mm. Itīs more important for me going faster on uphills and on paths than going better on downhills ( I compite on du/triathlon and XC)

Sometimes I have ridden with my father '09 FSR XC in medium size and fits me well, with a 90 mm stem

This is my Stumpy, a future weight winnie :

Cape Fear River
    Aug 2006
    Not sure what your asking but I have a 70mm stem for my 07 SJ pro. I would give the 90mm a try and see how that fits you.

Religion = Non-thinking
    a drop from 105mm to 100mm is nothing, if u want to feel any difference in the stem length, go with the 90
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I Agree, To Notice Any Difference I Would Swap It Out For A 90mm.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Try to swap with your dad's 90mm stem to get the feel of it before you buy if you're not sure what size to get. But for the kind of riding you do, sounds like 90mm with a 0 deg rise would work well, i believe the stock stems has around 8 deg rise. You can also adjust the seat (forward or back) to get the position you like.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for the advices.

I think I will choose a 90 mm stem.

The stock stem has 8 degree rise, has you said, and the stem that I like has 2.5, the Rotor SX. The seat is in the most forward posible position, I would like to get it a little bit more forward, but itīs now at the limit,

I was in doubt between the Sx and the Syntace F109, but Iīm in love of the Sx hehehe!