mtbr member

SS Stumpy S-Works reviews?

Hi, Anyone have a 2010 SingleSpeed S-Works Stumpy Carbon hardtail that has ridden it for a little and would like to give a quick review (or long)?
    I have an oppertunity to pick one up but would like to here a few comments from other riders before pulling the trigger. I am trying to compare it to my Niner One9 and might just wait for the Niner Air9 carbon. So help me out.
    Thanks,
    Pedal Dammit!

The Other Dude
    I dont have the Carbon one, after riding the alloy one that i have, i want the carbon version in the worst way. For me the geo is spot on, and the bike rides great, so i am guessing the carbon is just as smooth as my carbon geared stumpy.

I will say that the guys i ride with have One9's and they are jealous of the ebb on my alloy stumpy....but your soon to be carbon one will have track drop outs with tensioners. Ok i am jealous, i tried to get one and it appeared that they were sold out!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Jut8, you got a weight on the alloy ss? How's the ride? I'm thinking of switching from rigid/steel to alloy/fs while trying to stay close to my current 23lb bike weight.

The Other Dude
    Yes, i just weighed it this morning on my feedback sports ultimate scale, and i was surprised, with my pedals, waterbottle cages and computer it weighed in at 22.75lbs. Here is my build:

Stumpy SS Alloy Frame w/cane creek integrated headset

Reba SL 29er fork

Truvativ Stylo Crank 32t chainring

Candy Ti Pedals

KMC 8 Speed Chain

Surley 20t cog

DT Wheelset from my Stumpy Expert Carbon

Purgatory 2.2 front and Fast Trak 2.0 rear tire (tubeless)

Specialized 105mm pro stem

Specialized 660mm Alloy Flat bar

Bontrager Foam Grips

Avid Ultimate Brakes 160mm front and rear

Thomson Post

Toupe Ti Saddle

Bontrager Alloy Water Bottle Cages

Specialized Speedzone Wireless Computer

It is one sweet ride, i think their Alloy Frame rides just as smooth as some other companies carbon frame, and the EBB is simple, lightweight, and silent.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net