Thread: Sram cassette

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Sram cassette

I want to upgrade my cassette on my endurosl comp and no nothing about
    Sram !

I found a pg 950 sram cassette that according to the sram site ways less then the pg 990.

I was told that the pg 990 was the best sram cassette

Whats the difference between the 2 ?

bi-winning
    i think you are probably looking at the weight for a 950 with road gearing, like 12-25. in equivalent sizes, the 990 is notably lighter.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Now with More Wood
    990 all the way. First, its light, has an aluminium spider, and shifts beautifully. Second, its got a red anodized thing on it. That's gotta count for something.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2058
    990 all the way. First, its light, has an aluminium spider, and shifts beautifully. Second, its got a red anodized thing on it. That's gotta count for something.
    BLING ! Match it up with some Vuelta chainring bolts, and some Straitline levers. You'll be stylin' fo sho...

Actually, the 990 is a great cassette. Pair it with a 991 chain. You will like it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the replys

bi-winning
    I love the red spider bling, but I can always get an XT for a better deal, so i have never tried the 990.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    I love the red spider bling, but I can always get an XT for a better deal, so i have never tried the 990.
    Yup, the XT is also light and works just fine with the new bike I just built that's X-0 and I have one bike that came with Shimano ders but SRAM cassette. I've also changed and interchanged chain brands and the real secret is have your stuff clean, lubricated and adjusted right.