Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Spesh Deviant 2 full face helmet

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  camarosam 
#1 ·
Hi all

I had a pretty big accident (on the road) and smashed a few teeth, etc.

It's costing a fair few £'s (here in the UK) to sort plus the nagging thought of don't want to spend that amount of time in the dentist chair for a while!

With that in mind I am thinking of getting a full face helmet. I know it'll be overkill for my riding - just general trail stuff - but wanted to ask if anyone has one of these helmet's and if so, how heavy/hot would they be for general riding?

Thanks

#2 ·
I have a fox full face and from what I've recalled, its the same weight as the Specialized. Let me tell you it does add a bit of an annoyance when you go ride, I use a full face whether its cross country or dh. I ride very aggressively, and turn every trail into a nightmare for hikers or other bikers climbing up, and thats the reason why I wear one. The weight is not a big deal, but it is noticeable when you have it tied to your back when you climb up. When you descend you wont notice it too much.

Its not that big of a deal and will only make you stronger when you climb. The slight weight is worth it cause you'll feel safer riding at faster speeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.