mtbr member

Specialized wheelset weight?

I have a 2012 Stumpy elite (26) and was wondering what the stock wheelset weighs. I have looked everywhere (on the net) and called my LBS and nobody seems to know. A Roval carbon set has caught my eye and was I wondering what the weight difference would be.

Have any of you weighed the set?
    I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I just hate vegetables.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Orthoguy View Post
    I have a 2012 Stumpy elite (26) and was wondering what the stock wheelset weighs. I have looked everywhere (on the net) and called my LBS and nobody seems to know. A Roval carbon set has caught my eye and was I wondering what the weight difference would be.

Have any of you weighed the set?
    I can't speak for the weight of the wheelset, but I weighed the whole bike size medium, with pedals, and it was 29 lbs. Congrats on the bike! I will be getting my 2012 stumpy elite next week! Sorry, that I did not answer your question on the stock wheelset weight, hope that helps though. You could probably drop 1 or 2 lbs off the weight of the bike if you are looking at getting the carbon Roval wheels. Have you got to ride it yet?

mtbr member
    Yeah, I'm looking for the specific weight difference. I have had mine since April and have put on just over 1000 miles on her and a number of races. The bike is super solid and I'm sure you will be very happy with yours!
    I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I just hate vegetables.