mtbr member
    Nov 2009

specialized Upper Shock Eye Nut wanted for 2009 Enduro

Anyone know where I can get just the Upper shock eye Nut for this bike? Dealer I bought it from quoted $65 for a "bolt pivot kit" which in my mind is an insult considering I only asked for the teardrop shaped nut! Google did not help. Hoping someone may know where I cna get one or have one kicking around?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Probably have better luck finding Architeuthis alive than this single nut. A machinist friend made one for me. I probably would have paid $20 if they only offered it solely...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gregD View Post
    Probably have better luck finding Architeuthis alive than this single nut. A machinist friend made one for me. I probably would have paid $20 if they only offered it solely...
    I have one of those as well as a bearing kit and Fox DHX coiler. P.M. me if you still need it.

Phil

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Why don't you try make one? You will need the following: A pedestal drill, hacksaw, a file, an M8x0.75 tap, a 7.25 diameter drill bit (7.2 or 7.3 will be ok)& finally some 8.0mm thick aluminium. The hardest part is getting an M8x0.75 tap. You may be able to find a tool room to tap the hole out.

Steps:
    1.Using a pedestal drill, drill a 7.25mm diameter hole into the 8.0mm thick aluminium. It is vital that the hole is perpendicular to the flat surface.
    2.Tap hole using M8x0.75 tap, ensuring your tap is perfectly in line with the hole. (Fit tap the chuck of a pedestal drill, & turn chuck by hand to ensure accurate alignment, continue turning by hand until tap has cut through to the other side)
    3.Shape required profile using a hacksaw, then file to finish.
    4.Test fit & carefully thread bolt into tear drop nut. You may need to finesse the final shape of the nut to facilitate smooth bolt engagement.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreyI52 View Post
    Why don't you try make one?
    As I mentioned in my post, that's what I ended up doing. Thanks for posting directions. The only variable is anodizing the nut.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sorry, missed reading that... May be useful to someone else!

Dirt Junkie
    You should be able to get a full bolt kit from Specialized. They are not too expensive. Contact your dealer. got to be easier than going to a machine shop and having one made, unless you have easy access to one already.
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???