100% italian mtbiker
    Oct 2007

Specialized "teal" frame color - Pics anyone?

Do you guys have pictures of a teal-colored frame on a specialized?

I've been told from my LBS there's an Enduro Expert test-bike ready and brand new at the same price of the Comp I'm waiting (shipping on January).

Unfortunately it's not my beloved satin black, but a mysterious "teal"... I'm checking it out next Tuesday, but if you guys have pics - and advices - I'll try making an opinion during the weekend.

Thanks.

Jack.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I don't have a pic, but the LBS here has that exact same bike. I'm amazed they are able to sell it this soon. The teal isn't really bad at all, but the frame does say testbike on the side.

If you can get it for the same price, I wouldn't care what color it was.

This is an Enduro SL right? Will you still get a full warranty? I wouldn't buy a Enduro SL w/o a warranty, the fork will crap out on you.

100% italian mtbiker
    Oct 2007
    OH MY... Didn't even think of the warranty on a test bike. now, that's something to ask when I go to the shop! thanks for reminding me.

Of course the bike is brand new,Enduro SL...

The label "test bike" is not exactly nice, didn't think about it, either.

If you google "teal paint" you get tons of different colors/gradients, so I'm not sure what it looks like exactly. I'm afraid it doesn't really fit a mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/dat..._test_blue.jpg
    http://www.stratobiker.com/wp-conten...mp_2ndbday.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Check those out, it's along those lines. I just google image searched specialized test bike and specialized enduro sl test bike.

100% italian mtbiker
    Oct 2007
    Hey, if it's like the Demo, it's not bad at all...
    If it's lighter or more greenish as I suspect, I'm not sure I like it.

EDIT:
    Got it!
    http://bp3.blogger.com/_-ODxKw3xwYk/...h/08enduro.jpg

the "test bike" label looks like a sticker, may it be?

dirt visionary
    If its a demo bike you will not have a warranty with specialized. But if the store warranties it then no problems there.

100% italian mtbiker
    Oct 2007
    Good to know, Clockwork! ...I'd rather have a piece of paper in my pocket from Specialized, than a verbal agreement with my LBS. You never know...

Thanks again for reminding me of the warranty issue.

banned
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    If its a demo bike you will not have a warranty with specialized. But if the store warranties it then no problems there.
    That's not true. I'm a Specialized dealer and you get the same warrenty on a Demo bike as you do a new bike. But I am puzzled that a dealer is willing to jeaprodize their dealer agreement by selling you the bike that soon. According to the dealer agreement the bikes are not allowed to be sold until the last day of June of the same model year. That would be June 30th, 2008 because the dealer get's a little bit of a break on their/our price. Hence the reason they're sold at a discount. I've even tried to have them sell me one at the normal wholesale price so a customer could get that color. Mmmmm....interesting....but the color is pretty sweet.

The Other Dude
    I bought a test enduro from my dealer, it was brand new, and i just liked the test color better. So the shop ordered it up for me. I sold it before june of that model year on ebay. I had no clue about the whole dealer agreement with them. Before i knew it, I was getting a TON of nasty emails from specialized dealers on ebay saying they were going to find out who i was and have my dealer license revoked. I went to the shop and told them what was going on, and they said they already knew and not to worry about it. It seems nothing ever happened, but people were upset for sure.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

100% italian mtbiker
    Oct 2007
    LOL, Jut8. I suspected there was a sort of agreement ruling the Test Bikes, but of course I couldn't know the terms.

At this point I think I should sit in a corner and simply wait for January delivery (which I'm afraid may turn into Feb)... I'm already scared () of experiencing suspension issues, I'd better not adding more topics to argue about with my dealer or anyone else. :P

Screw the 800€ gap on the price list! :P

...of course I'll go to the shop and thank the dealer for the offer, declining it right after. I don't like the color that much.

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    I bought a test enduro from my dealer, it was brand new, and i just liked the test color better. So the shop ordered it up for me. I sold it before june of that model year on ebay. I had no clue about the whole dealer agreement with them. Before i knew it, I was getting a TON of nasty emails from specialized dealers on ebay saying they were going to find out who i was and have my dealer license revoked. I went to the shop and told them what was going on, and they said they already knew and not to worry about it. It seems nothing ever happened, but people were upset for sure.

Jut8-

I have been wanting to ask you this for some time now:

What is the deal with your turnover of bikes? I am fascinated. It seems like every time I see a post from you, there are different, late model rigs in your garage. I have to know...

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by e-bo-b
    Jut8-

I have been wanting to ask you this for some time now:

What is the deal with your turnover of bikes? I am fascinated. It seems like every time I see a post from you, there are different, late model rigs in your garage. I have to know...
    LOL, thats funny the wife asked me the same thing last night when i brought the stump home! I dont have a good answer, i guess i just get bored with stuff quick and i get eager to try new stuff out Shes just happy im on the bike and spending money on the bikes and not at the bars like most of friends, lol.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Same price as the comp! Go for it, who cares about the color. I got stump expert fsr last year and I would have taken the purple if the shop could have sold it to me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdsjack
    Do you guys have pictures of a teal-colored frame on a specialized?

Can't say I can show you a Specialized in teal but this is my old XC style VPFree I had powdercoated azure blue after I saw Barrecloths baby blue SXTrail

[IMG]Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]=">Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Man I miss that frame too! I sold it last April and I still kick myself in the nuts for getting rid of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    The mountain bike buying public as a whole are remarkably stupid. They buy what they are told to by the media.