The Other Dude

Specialized Storm DH Tire

Just incase you wanted to see a picture, here they are, i just got them mounted up today tubeless a set of outlaws. They look like an insane mud tire. I saw some of the pro's testing these out at the snowshoe series, and they had good things to say about them. The production tires have a bit taller knobs then the ones those guys were running, so I am wondering if they cut them down.

Either way, i am keeping a set of spikes mounted up to a wheelset ready to go for next season, if you did the snowshoe series at all this year, you know how nice a set of spikes laying around would have been!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Specialized Storm DH Tire-pc050839.jpg  

Specialized Storm DH Tire-pc050838.jpg  

Specialized Storm DH Tire-pc050836.jpg  

Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Boy those look nice , I really like my 2.5 chunder SX tires for my Enduro SL------but those look like the old 739 dunlop MX tires,

I will bet a set of Storm 2.5's would be really good slamming down National and Holbert at Southmountain .

The chunder 2.5 are like 2.7's in reality , I bet the storm's are also ------very cool looking tire -------Thanks for sharing !

The Other Dude
    I got these for the wet weather races that usually occur down in snowshoe. I normally run a Chunder 2.5 in the front and Chunder 2.3 in the rear.

One of the pros down there said that this one of Sam Hill's favorite tires, he runs them on almost all of the course, but cut way down. I thought that was pretty interesting.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    I got a pair of the XC size, 2.0 & 1.8, Did a few nasty races this year, but got them to late to use them, interested to see how they do. hopefully i won't have to use them in the spring. The knobs are not that big, but big for a XC tire.
    S-Works all the bikes!
    Just another used cat for sale