Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    440

    Specialized site down for remodeling...

    13's on the way!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stumpjumper61's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    243
    Happens about this time every year. Probably back up by Sunday

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,881
    They normally put it down a few times before updating it. So hopefully by the end of the month.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    134
    Yeah but its too bad that the 2013s will just be dumbed down versions of the 2012s..........

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyetattoo View Post
    Yeah but its too bad that the 2013s will just be dumbed down versions of the 2012s..........
    I don't believe that...maybe at the really low end of the model ranges. but I think they've definitely made improvements to the upper end...e.g. magura breaks instead of avid, shimano xtr breaks on stumpy s-works and other tweaks.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TiGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,319
    Why do you say that? From what I have seen, the upper end bikes are nice with some improvements such as Magura vs. Avid.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

    2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    134
    Someone post a link that showed the Stumpy FSR Comp29s brakes were still Avid, but instead of the Avid7s they now show Avid5s. Could be that the info was bad...............?

  8. #8
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyetattoo View Post
    Yeah but its too bad that the 2013s will just be dumbed down versions of the 2012s..........
    ????

    2012 Carve Pro model came with a 80mm Rockshox Recon Gold and traditional 3x10 drivetrain

    2013 Carve Comp model comes with a 100mm Rockshox Recon Gold and 2x10 drivetrain and dropped 3 lbs over the previous year due to some frame and wheel massaging. Expert models come with Rebas, and the Pros are coming with a Fox fork.

    2013 Hardrock Sport Discs come with hydraulic brakes, which are missing from the Hardrock lineup previously.

    Upper level models ditch the Avids for Maguras and lots of them include the new 1x11 setups.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    887
    Every year, September is the month when they update their site. So the wait is officially over.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

    Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    ????

    2012 Carve Pro model came with a 80mm Rockshox Recon Gold and traditional 3x10 drivetrain

    2013 Carve Comp model comes with a 100mm Rockshox Recon Gold and 2x10 drivetrain and dropped 3 lbs over the previous year due to some frame and wheel massaging. Expert models come with Rebas, and the Pros are coming with a Fox fork.

    2013 Hardrock Sport Discs come with hydraulic brakes, which are missing from the Hardrock lineup previously.

    Upper level models ditch the Avids for Maguras and lots of them include the new 1x11 setups.
    Do you have a link to the new specs for the Stumpy FSR Comp 29s?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyetattoo View Post
    Do you have a link to the new specs for the Stumpy FSR Comp 29s?
    You were right about the stumpy comp. The brakes are avid5. The stumpy line seems to have avid 5 brakes for the most part (except for the s-works and expert).

    2013 Specialized Stumpjumper & Stumpjumper EVO | Mountain Bike Review

  12. #12
    Less talk, more ride...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyetattoo View Post
    Do you have a link to the new specs for the Stumpy FSR Comp 29s?
    Here you go, straight off the dealer site.


    Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
    Bike Geometry...
    Technical Specifications
    FRAME M5 hydroformed tubing, 29" geometry, tapered HT, PF30 BB, ISCG 05, Command Post routing, 142mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 130mm travel
    REAR SHOCK Custom FOX Float CTD Evolution with AUTOSAG, Climb, Trail, Descend settings and rebound adj., 194x48mm
    FORK FOX Float CTD Evolution 29, air spring, tapered steerer, Climb, Trail, Descend settings and reb adj., 15mm thru-axle, 130mm travel
    HEADSET 1-1/8 and 1-1/2" threadless, Campy style upper with 1-1/2" lower, cartridge bearings
    STEM Specialized XC Trail, 6061 alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise, 31.8mm
    HANDLEBARS Specialized XC Mini-Riser, 7050 butted alloy, 720mm wide, 10mm rise, 10-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 31.8mm
    GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle aramid-infused, S/M: Regular, Others: XL thickness
    FRONT BRAKE Custom Avid Elixir 5 SL, hydraulic disc, alloy backed organic pads, HS-1 rotor. S/M: 180mm; L/XL 200mm rotor
    REAR BRAKE Custom Avid Elixir 5 SL, hydraulic disc, alloy backed organic pads, HS-1 rotor. S/M: 160mm; L/XL 180mm rotor
    BRAKE LEVERS Custom Avid Elixir 5 R SL, tool-less reach adj.
    FRONT DERAILLEUR SRAM X7, 10-speed, S3 direct mount for DMD, bottom pull
    REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM X9, 10-speed, mid cage, Type 2
    SHIFT LEVERS SRAM X7, 10-speed, aluminum trigger, w/MatchMaker clamp
    CASSETTE SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-36
    CHAIN KMC X10, nickel plate, reusable Missing Link
    CRANKSET Custom SRAM S-1250, 10-speed XC Trail double w/ alloy guard, PF30 spindle, S: 170mm, Others: 175mm
    CHAINRINGS 36/22, w/ alloy guard
    BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM PF30, OS press-in bearing, sealed cartridge
    PEDALS Resin Test Ride Pedals with toe clips, CEN std.
    RIMS Roval 29, alloy disc, 26mm wide, 32h
    FRONT HUB Specialized Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearing, 15mm thru-axle, 32h
    REAR HUB New Specialized Hi Lo disc, 4x-sealed cartridge bearing, 12mm thru-axle, 32h
    SPOKES DT Industry, 2.0 stainless
    FRONT TIRE Specialized Purgatory Control, 2Bliss Ready, 60TPI, aramid bead, 29x2.3"
    REAR TIRE Specialized Ground Control, 2Bliss Ready, 60TPI, aramid bead, 29x2.3"
    INNER TUBES Ultralight presta
    SADDLE Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
    SEATPOST Specialized 2014 butted alloy, single bolt setback, 30.9mm, S/M: 350mm, Others: 400mm
    SEAT BINDER 34.9mm clamp, 7050 hard anodized alloy collar w/ QR, black
    NOTES Specialized Dangler chain management
    Specifications subject to change without notice.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Doedrums View Post
    Here you go, straight off the dealer site.


    Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
    Bike Geometry...
    Technical Specifications
    FRAME M5 hydroformed tubing, 29" geometry, tapered HT, PF30 BB, ISCG ’05, Command Post routing, 142mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 130mm travel
    REAR SHOCK Custom FOX Float CTD Evolution with AUTOSAG, Climb, Trail, Descend settings and rebound adj., 194x48mm
    FORK FOX Float CTD Evolution 29, air spring, tapered steerer, Climb, Trail, Descend settings and reb adj., 15mm thru-axle, 130mm travel
    HEADSET 1-1/8 and 1-1/2" threadless, Campy style upper with 1-1/2" lower, cartridge bearings
    STEM Specialized XC Trail, 6061 alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise, 31.8mm
    HANDLEBARS Specialized XC Mini-Riser, 7050 butted alloy, 720mm wide, 10mm rise, 10-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 31.8mm
    GRIPS Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle aramid-infused, S/M: Regular, Others: XL thickness
    FRONT BRAKE Custom Avid Elixir 5 SL, hydraulic disc, alloy backed organic pads, HS-1 rotor. S/M: 180mm; L/XL 200mm rotor
    REAR BRAKE Custom Avid Elixir 5 SL, hydraulic disc, alloy backed organic pads, HS-1 rotor. S/M: 160mm; L/XL 180mm rotor
    BRAKE LEVERS Custom Avid Elixir 5 R SL, tool-less reach adj.
    FRONT DERAILLEUR SRAM X7, 10-speed, S3 direct mount for DMD, bottom pull
    REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM X9, 10-speed, mid cage, Type 2
    SHIFT LEVERS SRAM X7, 10-speed, aluminum trigger, w/MatchMaker clamp
    CASSETTE SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-36
    CHAIN KMC X10, nickel plate, reusable Missing Link
    CRANKSET Custom SRAM S-1250, 10-speed XC Trail double w/ alloy guard, PF30 spindle, S: 170mm, Others: 175mm
    CHAINRINGS 36/22, w/ alloy guard
    BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM PF30, OS press-in bearing, sealed cartridge
    PEDALS Resin Test Ride Pedals with toe clips, CEN std.
    RIMS Roval 29, alloy disc, 26mm wide, 32h
    FRONT HUB Specialized Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearing, 15mm thru-axle, 32h
    REAR HUB New Specialized Hi Lo disc, 4x-sealed cartridge bearing, 12mm thru-axle, 32h
    SPOKES DT Industry, 2.0 stainless
    FRONT TIRE Specialized Purgatory Control, 2Bliss Ready, 60TPI, aramid bead, 29x2.3"
    REAR TIRE Specialized Ground Control, 2Bliss Ready, 60TPI, aramid bead, 29x2.3"
    INNER TUBES Ultralight presta
    SADDLE Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
    SEATPOST Specialized 2014 butted alloy, single bolt setback, 30.9mm, S/M: 350mm, Others: 400mm
    SEAT BINDER 34.9mm clamp, 7050 hard anodized alloy collar w/ QR, black
    NOTES Specialized Dangler chain management
    Specifications subject to change without notice.
    How much of a down grade are the brakes going from the 7's to the 5's?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2013 Trek EX8 blue/white

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyetattoo View Post
    How much of a down grade are the brakes going from the 7's to the 5's?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I've been wondering the same thing myself. Since the 5's are better than what I currently have I suspect it won't matter much for me.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy4747 View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing myself. Since the 5's are better than what I currently have I suspect it won't matter much for me.
    True but if you could get a 2012 with 7's at a lower price due to it being last years model would be a win-win, better components and a better price.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyetattoo View Post
    True but if you could get a 2012 with 7's at a lower price due to it being last years model would be a win-win, better components and a better price.
    Not entirely true.

    This years model has the new clutch SRAM rear derailleur, it also has the new Fox CTD suspension. I guess you have to decide if those changes are worth the extra money. I have been debating that myself.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Yeah I'm getting the 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Evo comp model(should come in today!?) All the 2012 models are sold out except for xl and I'm a medium. I didn't know about the new style derailer so that is a slight upgrade over the 2012. As for the shock the 2012 came with an rp2 so I think the CTD is also an upgrade. And like I said the Elixer 5 is a big improvement over my current brakes. I think I have the lowest level shimano hydrolic brakes. I think I have the br-m445. I have actually been happy with them though.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    56
    2013's are up and live!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Devastazione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by BrnHrnt View Post
    2013's are up and live!

    Yessss... !!


    And it won't be for long I'm afraid. Did you see the mistake already ?

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Yessss... !!


    And it won't be for long I'm afraid. Did you see the mistake already ?
    Nope missed it. Other than some thumbnails pictures being a little wacky.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Devastazione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    980
    As of tradition my market gets the worst possible color combos ever. White all the way while those few colors get mixed in a way too much mardi gras style...

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dirttrackin280h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    119
    Was the mistake the $10,000 price tag on the Enduro S-Works? Crazy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Yessss... !!


    And it won't be for long I'm afraid. Did you see the mistake already ?
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Yessss... !!


    And it won't be for long I'm afraid. Did you see the mistake already ?
    S-works stumpy 29 picture is of a 26
    S-works Venge Red price tag 14,000

  24. #24
    bog
    bog is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,064
    Prices are nuts!
    SC Tallboy C : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL DA9070

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    887
    All the models aren't up yet, but most are. Want to see if they offer the EVO as frame only. The prices have officially gotten ridiculous on their upper end models.

    Their entry level models have not changed at all in the past 4 years.
    Retail on my 2008 Enduro SL comp was $3600.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

    Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •