mtbr member
    Aug 2010

specialized pitch new fork

So im having problems with the pike on my pitch and am considering changing it. I was wondering what some good forks would be im looking for around 160-180mm of travel.
    I am considering the future shock e150 even though its 150mm also the rockshox totem or fox talas, any suggestions?

cougarbait
    revelation 150
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

RiffRaff
    Jan 2007
    Get a Lyric. A totem would be WAY too long for that bike. IMO fox is over rated. The future shock pretty damn good I must say. And the revelation 150 is not bad either.
    "If Liberace was alive, he'd be proud to ride that mofo."

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Fox 36 or Lyric. I have a lyric solo air on my 2010 enduro comp which I added the Mission Control (w/ flood gate but recently removed it) feature to and I think the fork has great adjustability and is awesome for big hits and jumps but the small bump compliance is sub par IMO. I going to be playing with the setup in the next few days to see if i can help that.

Is your head tube tapered or 1 1/8?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP125
    Fox 36 or Lyric. I have a lyric solo air on my 2010 enduro comp which I added the Mission Control (w/ flood gate but recently removed it) feature to and I think the fork has great adjustability and is awesome for big hits and jumps but the small bump compliance is sub par IMO. I going to be playing with the setup in the next few days to see if i can help that.

Is your head tube tapered or 1 1/8?
    I have a 2011 Lyric on my Pitch Pro, I removed the flood gate assembly and it makes a huge difference on small bump compliance, now this is almost a perfect fork.

FYI, the pitch is only rated for a 165mm fork so a Totem would void your warranty, and as already mentioned it's way too much fork for this bike.

nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    i think im gonna go with the lyric, i have not decided tapered or 1 1/8. what do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy1095
    i think im gonna go with the lyric, i have not decided tapered or 1 1/8. what do you guys think?
    exactly how would you fit a tapered fork into a pitch? You have to go 1 1/8 as that is the headtube diameter of the pitch.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy1095

umm, your headtube is 1 1/8th, how would you use a tapered lyric?
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    I have Pitch Pro 2010 ( titanium color ) with white Fox Float 36 180mm FitRC ( 1 1/8 steerer ) and Chris King Headset.

So far so good. Super long travel. Nice ride over rough terrains.