x's always win

Specialized Pitch FD-665E issue

I've scoured the internet and can't find an answer for a very simple yet puzzling problem I'm having with an FD-665E.

Routing the cable goes under the downtube up through the holes in the driveside chainstay that effectively creates a cable stop for the front derailleur. I've got all that. It makes sense.

The problem is that I can't seem to tighten the cable fixing bolt with out taking off the crankset and removing one of the FD mounting bolts to pivot it up. What the heck do I do when it's time to dial my FD and need to tighten the cable a bit?
    Bikes

waiting for a piece (.45)
    Pre-tension the cable as much as possible when you install it.... other than that, yes, someone does need to think about these things before selecting a front derailleur for the production run....maybe just a bit harder next time.....

x's always win
    Issue resolved, thanks!

Now to tackle the other looming issues I'm facing.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    - Make sure the front gear shifter is set to the innermost chainring.

- Set the front gear shifter cable barrel adjuster to the middle (so that there is plenty of thread adjustment on the barrel adjuster available).

- Use the inner adjustment screw on the front derailleur to set the limit of the inner movement on the smallest chainring.

- Run the gear cable through the front mech, pull the cable as tight as you can by hand and part tighten the allen bolt.

- The next bit is easiest with a helper. Have someone push the front derailleur up so that the allen bolt is no longer blocked by the frame whilst you hold the cable in place with one hand. Using your other hand tighten the allen bolt fully.

- Use the barrel adjuster to fine tune the front derailleur position.

- Cut the gear cable to length and put a crimp on the end to stop it fraying. It helps to loop the gear cable inside itself so that the cable doesn't rattle against the frame when riding.

- Leave as long as possible.

Having someone hold the front derailleur whilst you tighten the allen bolt saves a lot of time.