mtbr member

New question here. Specialized P.1 All Mountain Disc

I'm looking at this bike on Craig's List, and need an honest opinion.

I want a bike that's sturdy and dependable. I need it to be dependable on the trail, occassionally jumping or pushing it fairly hard, and not a bike that works against me on hills. The bike will also make the occassional commute.

The one I'm looking at is a 2010 and has been barely riden. Will the components on this bike hold up? At least long enough for me to slowly replace them, and not get hit with a huge expense all at once. From what I understand, the frame is very well made, and the only downside I've come across is the weight, which I think will be ok.

mtbr member
    i use to have this bike, like3 months ago i sell the bike didinīt give me the performance i was looking is a good hardtail for geting started in mountain bike, the components are not so good the are cheap, and the head angle is 70 degree is not the best bike for downhills, the weight is ok for a bike like this a meam the frame can handdle anything, also the stock fork is really bad you have to change. climbing is good just and advice the medium size comes whit 170mm crank arms be sure to have 175mm crank arms for better climbing, good luck.

TXTony
    I had one of these also for a few months...I bought it used at a great price and had planned using the frame to do a burly build for some all mountain type hard tail stuff just for fun...I rode it a few times and if you keep in mind it is an entry level mt bike I have seen a lot worse than this one...the components are not that great but neither is most other entry level bikes...the frame is a beast...and if you get it a good deal you can always replace stuff as it wears out or breaks...I sold mine to someone who needed a bike bad and I sold it to him for what I paid for it...so far he digs it as his first mountain bike.