mtbr member

Specialized Over Endz Bar Ends

Hi,

the new Specialized Over Endz carbon bar ends come in at 115g, does anybody now the weight of the aluminum version?

Has anybody tried them already?

Many thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by madskatingcow
    Hi,

the new Specialized Over Endz carbon bar ends come in at 115g, does anybody now the weight of the aluminum version?

Many thanks

I do a lot of riding on the road in between riding the trails, I'm constantly looking for places to put my hands and I think bar ends would make my road rides a lot more comfortable.
    I too am looking for some info on these bars especially the carbon bars. There is only one review in Reveiws section and it doesn't mention anything about durability.
    I was on Price Point and they have some Sette Carbon Bar ends for half the price of the Spcecialized, but in every review it seems they break really easy if you happen to lay your bike down on it's side.

Does anyone own either of these bar ends??

Brentster
    Jun 2007
    I have the Specialized aluminum ones off their website for about $19 and love them. They're kinda skinny and smaller overall then the typical bar ends, you normally see - not so bulky. I've been doing lots of tight single treck lately, and on almost every ride I'll brush up against an oak tree at about 10 or 15 mph and the bar end bounces off of the tree and keeps my pinky from getting crushed. They're curved inward enough, that prevents them from getting hooked on something. $19 Very Well Spent and they weigh next to nothing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by madskatingcow
    Hi,

Many thanks

madskatingcow,

I assume you are inquiring about the P1 Over Endz? These are nylon composite, not aluminum (only the clamp is aluminum). I just bought a pair and threw them on the scale... they weigh in at 140 grams for the pair.
    Last edited by rsato1; 04-02-2008 at 04:53 PM.

bitey
    Dec 2007

bar ends

i have the carbon bar ends on my 08 stumpy,realy realy good,but if you're going to fit them on carbon bars make sure u you get some bar end plugs from spesh.having said that though,i had the same bar ends on my epic,only they were the hard rubber version which i found to be more comfortable and much cheaper.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...A%20Bar%20Ends

thats what i use. their 124grams... not too bad, their cheap, and their comfortable. ive had a few crashes on them and lay the bike on its side alot. havent had any trouble with them yet.