Prices of S-works bikes
    Epic 26 8800 -> 9300
    Epic 29 9400 -> 9900
    SJ FSR 7700 ->8100

Other SJ FSR's
    Pro carbon 5500 ->5800
    Expert 4400 -> 4700
    Elite 3000 ->3100

I called specialized and they said it's due to an increase in production cost.
    Last edited by GTR2ebike; 01-30-2011 at 08:56 AM.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Been discussed to death. Months ago. No one cares. People are still lining up to get the higher end bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli
    Been discussed to death. Months ago. No one cares. People are still lining up to get the higher end bikes.
    Months ago? this price update happened TODAY, maybe their was another in the past.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Oh, whoops... I guess they decided to screw over a bunch of people that have the expensive bikes on order. I thought you were talking about the first 2010-2011 price increase !

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Scary stuff!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    This f'ing blows!! Price of the Camber Pro I've been looking at ordering went up from $2800 to $2900. Lucky my shop already gave me a great written reduced price quote. Hopefully they'll still honor it?!?!?!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM0031
    This f'ing blows!! Price of the Camber Pro I've been looking at ordering went up from $2800 to $2900. Lucky my shop already gave me a great written reduced price quote. Hopefully they'll sill honor it?!?!?!
    I'm in the same boat, I have prices from my local shop (not written ) Not sure what they'll do when I go to order it and realized their price went up.

Compelling, and rich.
    I have a feeling this wont affect shop prices.

But I got my Epic Comp Carbon 29er in September... So, I don't really care much either way. :P

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It is my understanding that the price increase only affects bikes shipped after Feb 14. I have a bike on order and was told that today.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    there is this thing out there , its called inflation, maybe you heard of it...or as bender(the robot, not the hucker) says, "THINGS COST MORE THEN THEY USED TO"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPH KID
    It is my understanding that the price increase only affects bikes shipped after Feb 14. I have a bike on order and was told that today.
    Where did you hear this?

mtbr member
    Blame Taiwan, their currency is doing really well right now so you're gonna see price hikes on everything coming out of there, not just bikes.

"Its All Good"
    As crashed mentioned, inflation (check out the strength of the US Dollar!, oh yes it is as weak as p i s s)

Another way of looking at it, you could get a full custom frame and the best components and build a bike, of which I think would come in far cheaper than the high end Specialized models. Specialized have never been cheap in my opinion... Again only my opinion...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    try the uk we have been given the rotten end of the stick for years even when it was $2 to the uk we were paying the same in pounds as you were in dollars!! S works prices are stupid high this year A 26" epic is 9838 us over here!!!! It been that price since the price releases in the summer!!

Is it Friday yet?
    Going from $9,400 to $9,900 is a 5% increase. If that was a $2,000 bike, it would be up $100.

If you can afford a $9,000 bike, I'm guessing they figure you will pay 5% more.

Sweet bike, btw!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    I called specialized and they said it's due to an increase in production cost.
    Anything they tell you besides they think they can make more money by charging more is a lie. Companies, like Specialized, will play around with pricing to get as close to the sweet spot, or the profit maximizing price, as possible. If they had information showing they would make more money by charging less per bike and selling more bikes, they would do it in a heartbeat. Apparently, that's not the assumption they're making.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    Going from $9,400 to $9,900 is a 5% increase. If that was a $2,000 bike, it would be up $100.

If you can afford a $9,000 bike, I'm guessing they figure you will pay 5% more.

Sweet bike, btw!
    They didn't up the price of stumpy or epic comp models, i haven't/don't look at other models

Is it Friday yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    They didn't up the price of stumpy or epic comp models, i haven't/don't look at other models
    Yeah, that was my point. They know they can make more off you because you're at the high end.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Pretty lame....perhaps they will start doing pre-season pricing for those that orderd in aug-sept?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Enduro Comp went up from $2,900 to $3,000.

Enduro Expert and EVO went up $300 each.

Damn.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Things Cost More Then They Used To!!!!

Gas Prices Fluctuate More Wildly Then This, Why Arent You Screaming About That???!!!!

Sup
    taco bell 2 dollar meal deal
    suck it up and ride

SJ
    I am slow therefore I am

"Its All Good"
    If the prices are to high, vote with your feet, in the end any company will listen if the sales drop like a brick...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Ah I found a mag from 2004? In the garage lat weekend and the article was saying how expensive the new bikes were 4k for an S-works!! It's all relative I am very luck to have been in a position to buy an S works as it was my dream bike for years and years won't be updating it for a few years though !!

gone for a bike ride
    still have my 04 S-Works Epic - have now ridden a mile for every dollar it cost when new & the beauty has yet to fade

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast