mtbr member

Specialized Hardrock sport- what's mechanical lockout?

2010 Hardrock sport has what is listed as "mechanical lockout' by suntour. the guy at the lbs says it's not lockout. Anyone know what is up, does it have lockout or not? like this model but would like to know
    thanks!

here is the model
    SF10-XCT-V2-MLO
    http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...45756&eid=4340

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    It has a lockout, its not hydrolic, its mechanical Just like it insinuates.

mtbr member
    yes...the suntour has a lockout on the shock....you turn it to prevent the shock from doing its job (as in riding on paved roads)
    Protect Extreme Sports Athletes - Extreme Sports Protection
    Real Estate - Tampa Foreclosures

mtbr member
    ok thanks when was at the shop only looked at rockhopper which has really nice xcr SF9-XCR-LO, obviously i saw the lockout there, but didn't look at the hardrock fork in detail and only called, i did see "mlo" in the name and was surprised when lbs guy said it didn't have lo on hardrock sport, but i think there was some communication breakdown. lesson here virtual shopping falls short of going to store. fyi i also found out what "sf" stands for, its the year. so 'sf9' is 2009 model year -think the lbs guy was busy and only did a cursory look at hardrock. also on the specialized website they do not mention the LO feature in the blurb on the '10 hardrock sport (only the "mlo" in the name), but do for the rh.

trying to decide between rockhopper 499 and hardrock sport 389..
    Last edited by giantbk; 11-07-2010 at 08:03 PM.