the train keeps rollin

No good Specialized Eskars 2bliss Control

Purchased 3 tires, been riding them for about 4-5 months now.

Grip = 3 out of 5 chilis
    Volumne = 4 out of 5 chilis
    Weight = 5 out of 5 chilis (if lighter is better)
    Durability = 1 out of 5 chilis

I had high hopes on these tires, but they SUCK! 2of 3 tires have suffered fatal sidewall tears. I've been riding Mtn Bikes for 15+ years, only seem shred Specialized sidewalls. The control sidewall is a bunch of crap. I'm moving to Schwalbe USTs, so what if they weigh more, and hard to get, at least I'll be riding along.

Note to Specialized, Make a 850 gram 2bliss tire, put some material in the sidewalls, thanks!
    beaver hunt

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Hey Snowdrifter,

I have the same tyres on my Enduro SL comp and been using them since October last year off and on road. Honestly, I love them! I am running them with tubes though cause prefer them that way.

I have been a Kenda Nevegal/Blue Groove combo fan for a long time and this is the first time I change to Eskars and so far so good.

banned
    I almost bought a set, then heard the first reports back in relatively tamer conditions of this condition.

What type of terrain?

mtbr member
    I have had the Eskar as a rear tire for about 4 months, running with a tube. Never had any problems. They were able to shed mud in the winter and hold up well on rocky NorCal trails now.
    我的镀铬光泽的冰柱一样,我骑在镇附近在我的低骑手自行车

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    the eskar s-works is even lighter , ( its the tires the enduro comes with stock )
    i ran the s-works and the control eskar and i just could not run the lower presures i like and the turning and traction was not good .

i did not run them long enough to have any side wall problems,

i am now running the "Cunnder Control" in 2.2 and just love them .
    they are the same voloum as the 2.3 eskar -----they are 30 grams heaiver,( than the s-works , they are the same weight as the control eskar )----they do not rip sidewals out and i run them at 23 rear 25 ft in the summer here in az and you can pound them and they stick and turn ,

i run them on my 08 enduro and 08 stumpy, ---and all of my tires are tubless with 1 scoop of stans in them