mtbr member
    Jan 2007

specialized epic rear wheel tilt a little bit to the right side

Hi,

does anybody here have a epic? I'am just wondering, when i sit down on the bike, my rear wheel is not perfectly vertical, it is little bit tilted to the LEFT side. When i look at the wheel while i'am not on my bike, it is 100% vertical. And when i ride over bumps, so the bike is more stressed, the wheel is even more tilted to the LEFT side.

I think it is because the rear fox shock is only on the left side, not in the middle like on other bikes.

Does anyone experience this?

Thanks.

* correction: tilted to the LEFT side
    Last edited by oliverr; 01-21-2007 at 08:56 PM.

I'm a unitard!
    It has nothing to do with the placement of the shock. You need to have your wheel and/or frame checked by a mechanic.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    the shock doesn't handle any lateral loads because of the angular contact bearing it uses... so it doesn't really stiffen the side it is on....

As mtbfool recommends, have your dealer take a look at your frame...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Is here some Epic owner who weights about 240 pounds or more? Can you sit on your bike and take a close look at the back wheel if it just a little bit tilted to the left side?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    have your bearings and rear triangle looked at. something is bent/worn

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverr
    Is here some Epic owner who weights about 240 pounds or more? Can you sit on your bike and take a close look at the back wheel if it just a little bit tilted to the left side?
    I weigh 220, but I no longer own the bike... as I told U before.. I am pretty geeky about my bike and I never saw anything like U described...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverr
    I'll take a look for you tomorrow. I still have to see if I can get my girlfriend to hand me a 45 lb. and a 25 lb. dumbell plate after I get on my epic since I only weigh 180 or so. Don't want to try it now by myself and risk dropping one of those plates on the top tube.