mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Specialized enduro vs pitch buy/sell

Hey everyone,

This is kind of like another enduro vs. pitch thread, but I want some opinions. I picked up a 2008 Enduro SL Expert for a decent price. anyway, the bike is pretty badass except the shock and fork need to be serviced and i probably spent more than I should have both on the bike and in general! the afr shock has no rebound, otherwise everything is in alright shape. Fix 'er up and sell it and buy a new pitch pro or comp? or put $300 into getting everything serviced (or just buy a new shock) and keep it?

THAT guy
    I would say keep it. Youre not going to get the cost of a new pitch out of it, and youre not going to really be upgrading with a new pitch either. Get it all serviced and call it a day.... After a good ride that is!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    You should absolutely keep it. The two frames are virtually identical in geometry. It would definitely cost lest to fix up yours than it would to fix up, sell, and buy new. Plus you have the components of an Expert Enduro so that's a plus!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hmm. A brand new bike sounds tempting. I guess I will fix it up, then. It is a fun bike to ride regardless, and has some very nice components. After servicing it will be about as much $ as a pitch comp. Champagne taste on a beer budget. I wanted to do the suspension service myself, but it looks pretty complicated and I'm not very familiar with suspension.

mtbr member
    I say sell the 08 Enduro, save some cash and go for a '11 Enduro!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    You're not looking at the fact that the Pitch comp has CHEAP components... If the components on the Enduro are in great working order there's no reason you should get a cheaper bike that's the same frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    You should get the shock serviced. I would send the shock in to Push though (cost a little more than S charges, but you get Pushed).