mtbr member

Specialized enduro - which size to go with?

Posted this is in the AM thread ,thought id post here aswell.

Me being 6ft im inbetween sizes with the spesh enduro.

Love the bike but unsure on which to go with...Ive ridden the large for 18 months but ive always thought it was a little too big and not very chuckable with its long wheelbase.

Ive just got hold of a medium frame which seems to fit fine and rides great but im unsure now on whether it just too small and looks like a kids bike underneath me.

What do you think guys?

Medium
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=gdOAATWjOIo

Large
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v...ture=endscreen

Thanks

eBiker
    The wheelbase difference is around .75 inch? Doesn't seem like a big deal compared to reach and stack.

I love my large w/50mm stem & straight post. I'm 5'11". for the new long with short stem geo. Huge bonus for Specialized short chainstays & low BB.

I no longer feel very comfortable with a shorter reach and medium stem as I have on my single speed. I have to ride more "behind the bike". Much prefer the long TT & short stem and being "in the bike" (or more neutral).

P
    Last edited by Mr.P; 10-10-2012 at 07:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I'm 5'11 and ride a large on 26ers, but a medium on a 29er.

mtbr member
    Im nearly 6'1" and ride a medium...I like the shorter wheelbase.

mtbr member
    tshed - what do you use yours for?... Mainly downhill or an all rounder rig?

Im really loving the shorter wheelbase myself compared to the large - alot more of a fun bike.

mtbr member
    I call it all mountain...but I treat it like a downhill bike..as in I beat the crap out of it.

mtbr member
    Been riding the medium now for a few months - feels good maybe a tad on top of the bike and over the backend.

Still bugs me a little it looks too small.

Need to get rid of one though grrr which on to part with.

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    6'2 on a large with 35mm stem. Ride AM/mini-DH stuff. I hated the medium I tried but at 6' you can probably get away with either. Can you get a demo of a medium?

mtbr member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=gdOAATWjOIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v...ture=endscreen

Yeah i have medium and large frame but undecided on which to stick with - love how the medium handles,more of a play bike but cant help but think it looks a tad small underneath me and im better off sticking with the large even though the large feels a tad too big.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'm 6' 2" maybe 6' 3" and ride a large with 50mm stem 780mm bars. I feel it is just a touch on the large size (thinking of trying a 40mm stem). I would go with med at your height if your goal is to have the most fun on dh. The enduro has a huge reach.

mtbr member
    Yeah I find the same - been riding the large for nearly 2 years now and always found myself a little stretched out so managed to get hold of a medium but undecided now on whether it just looks too small underneath me.

Hate being in-between sizes