mtbr member
    Apr 2008

specialized bikes

i know this is random just got bored sitting home injured but i heard specialized is run by a roadie apparently rumors who know and maybe this is why specialized doesnt really concerntrate on the mtb side of things just some think that popped into my head

for three!
    Mar 2008
    I would say they concentrate extremely on the mountain side? And on the road side. Pretty much both they go hardcore i would say.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    they started out as a roadie company. then they made the first mass produced mountain bike (stumpjumper). but they concentrate pretty heavily on both sides like karmalone1 said.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    kool i have never had any other bike but a specialized and would keep it that way they are great bikes

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    like any well managed manufacturing organisation they go where the growth markets are,
    mtb in the 80s, 90s,
    at the moment road is a bit of a boom market with commuters ditching motor transport and US, Australian and British riders popularising the sport causing growth those regions,
    mtb still growing, i would have thought, with all its different segment,

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I think they are THE company dedicated to mtb, look at all the real world freeride bikes they produce, the real world all mountain bikes and serious xc race machines.

They are THE ONLY production company to off asymetrical cs in a 135mm spacing for zero dish rear wheels, that is huge and I think should be more of an industry standard. The rear wheels on my p2 and bighit are nearly maintenance free compared to my enduro pro, I often wonder why they didn't build the asymetrical cs into the enduro since it is a freeride machine now.

There are many companies that offer one or two cool bikes but when I look through the spesh cataloge I want every bike they make

for three!
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TortugaTonta

There are many companies that offer one or two cool bikes but when I look through the spesh cataloge I want every bike they make
    haha so true. i just don't understand why some people don't like specialized? They make fresh designs that are brilliant, look fantastic, are good values, built superb, and have just a HUGE array of models to choose from. They're like the sony of the bike world. I can't imagine buying a bike other than specialized.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

specialized rocks

me either. i bought a new specialized about two weeks ago and love it. i went from a hardrock sport with v-brakes and a rockshox recon to the 08 sj comp

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Periods and capital letters are a good thing.
    LS

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Please look up "Ned Overend". I'd say they focus on both.

Look at the type of athlete's Specialized sponsors: x-terra, triathlon, road, xc, dh, and regional teams for both road and mtb, and U23 national teams. The only section they miss maybe bmx and track, but I'm not that familiar bmx, and track my be a very niche market for high end equipment.

Also, they have been redesigning and launching new products. These items come to mind for 2009: new epic and era design, new XC design, new stumpjumper hardtail design, new big hit design, new adjustable seatpost . Last year: new stumpjumper, new stumpjumper HT and FSR 29ers, new womens specific designs for the Myka and Era.

That's $$$$$$$$ of investment in testing and r&d. Not all products are a successful, but they are constantly delivering new products.

Not to mention the greatest piece of equipment: the water bottle! Works great for both road and mtb.

mtbr member
    i cant seem to understand your post,and to be honest it has to be one of the dumbest questions ever asked.

example,if specialized was run by a roadie would you therefore be disgraced and sell your demo,or would you be cheerful in the fact that specialized is a bicycle company after all and cater's for a wide audience.

for whatever reason it may take,think of something usefull before posting stupid threads.