BMJ
    "42 lbs and climbing!"

Specialized adjustable post?

Anyone have any insight into a rumor of an adjustable post by Specialized?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Not a rumor

It is a reality and I believe will be on 2009 bikes (Enduro?) as well as after market.

You should be able to find pics and info from the recent 2009 Specialized mountain bike launch.

The post does not have side to side play, nor can it be pulled up like some others out there. There are 3 positions: fully extended, 60mm drop, 100mm drop (or something like that). Remote lever on the handlebar.

It rips!

mtbr member
    dont forget that on every fireroad climb to reach over and hit your buddys lever to lower his post! fun times. or you can shift his gears to really mess him up and beat him up the hill!
    Disclaimer:I work in a Bike Shop.http://www.northcentralcyclery.com/

Wait, what!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas
    dont forget that on every fireroad climb to reach over and hit your buddys lever to lower his post! fun times. or you can shift his gears to really mess him up and beat him up the hill!
    I know I have never hit the kill switch on an ATC or quad that one of my buddies was currently riding. No no, not me!

That would be pretty funny though, with the seat. Any idea how much they will cost when bought separately? If I cut my stock post, would they still take it back?