mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Specialized 29er

So, I know they have the crosstrail 700cc bike but I have read recently on this forum somewhere that Specialized is coming out with a line of 29" bikes. Anyone hear this? Anyone have any info, price, pics, specs? I am a couple years at least at buying another bike but will probably go 29 with my next purchase if I like it when I try this weekend. I love my Specialized and would love to stay loyal if possible.

Let me hear the dirt!

Boulder, CO
    All I have seen are the photos from Sea Otter. I am very interested in a full suspension Epic 29er.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

banned
    Loyal? To a giant bike company? That is odd to say the least.

Yes, they will have an armada of 29ers out in the next few years. AN ARMADA. One might be called, "The Armada"... You will have to wait and see.

mtbr member
    2 Stumpy ht models, 2 rockhopper models, thats all ive seen so far...

sadly, like the element
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vercingetorix
    All I have seen are the photos from Sea Otter. I am very interested in a full suspension Epic 29er.
    Yes please.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Hmmm... there may have been a mention of this in the 29" forum, but I don't think many folks saw it...

Finally official, the Big Red S.......

specialized 29er- epic or stumpy
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 29Colossus
    Loyal? To a giant bike company? That is odd to say the least.

Yes, they will have an armada of 29ers out in the next few years. AN ARMADA. One might be called, "The Armada"... You will have to wait and see.

Pretty good troll, I can be loyal to whomever I choose I guess. I am not loyal to the point that I won't look at something else but a big company offers me affordability in a lot of cases.

Well, I will be on the look out for more 29s coming down the pipe from everyone in the next couple years. Who knows, I may hate riding them, I doubt it but who knows.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brewbum
    Well, I will be on the look out for more 29s coming down the pipe from everyone in the next couple years. Who knows, I may hate riding them, I doubt it but who knows.
    I got off to a bit of a rocky start with my Crosstrail, but I'm really enjoying it now, and I'm darn glad now that I dropped the coin on it. It's become my "go to" bike for just about everything other than full-on singletrack.

It's good to see Specialized put out some 29-inch true mountain bikes. Variety adds spice to life. I'd sorta rather see Specialized come up with new model names though. I'm not so sure about reusing the names "Rockhopper", "Epic", and such in their 29-inch lineup.

mtbr member
    a little more info here

http://twentynineinches.com/

mtbr member
    a little more info here

http://twentynineinches.com/

banned
    Pretty good troll, I can be loyal to whomever I choose I guess. I am not loyal to the point that I won't look at something else but a big company offers me affordability in a lot of cases.

All you can do when you don't know what to do is call me a "troll"? Pffft. Ridiculous. Buck up. I never said you couldn't be loyal to a stork or Specialized or anything or anyone else. Don't make up what you want me to have said. I merely said that it was odd, and I will add that being "loyal" to a company that doesn't even know you exist is irrational and ridiculous. You can't be "loyal" to Specialized, you can only be a pollyanna for them.

ARMADA.

Read my lips.

ARMADA of 29ers!

You want to argue about it, then do so reasonably. "Troll" just doesn't get it done.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 29Colossus
    All you can do when you don't know what to do is call me a "troll"? Pffft. Ridiculous. Buck up. I never said you couldn't be loyal to a stork or Specialized or anything or anyone else. Don't make up what you want me to have said. I merely said that it was odd, and I will add that being "loyal" to a company that doesn't even know you exist is irrational and ridiculous. You can't be "loyal" to Specialized, you can only be a pollyanna for them.

ARMADA.

Read my lips.

ARMADA of 29ers!

You want to argue about it, then do so reasonably. "Troll" just doesn't get it done.
    That is the point, i don't want to argue but you do, otherwise you wouldn't have insulted me twice and provided me no useful information. I haven't been on this forum very long and I am glad to see that useless feedback from people on forums exists everywhere. Did you have an original reason to insult me and tell me that they will have a "ARMANDA" of bikes out in the future?

I am just looking to see if there is SPECIFIC information, I realize that they will probably have a bunch of bikes out.

Hell you might have been joking in your first post and I mis-read it but with your reply I venture not. I can be loyal to whomever I choose, I didn't realize that the definition of loyal had to mean that it was reciprocated or that the other entity had to know you exist. If that is the rule then there are very few bike builders out there that any one could logically be loyal too with out dropping MAJOR coin.

So, now that you have roped me in, do you have a lead on some pictures, specs or prices that could be expected for these bikes?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks 3034, I found that site as well after posting on her. Good stuff. I am pretty much a newb when it comes to the bike world. I have been out of following it for about 8 years and a lot has changed since then including great places to learn like this.

banned
    That is the point, i don't want to argue but you do,
    I do. To think you can be "loyal" to Specialized is insanity. Sorry it offends you so.

otherwise you wouldn't have insulted me twice and provided me no useful information.
    OMG! The travesty. I said it was "odd" to be loyal to a bike company... one like Specialized anyway. You aren't even a number to them. That is an, "insult" to you? Grow a pair please. I will wait....

I haven't been on this forum very long and I am glad to see that useless feedback from people on forums exists everywhere. Did you have an original reason to insult me and tell me that they will have a "ARMANDA" of bikes out in the future?
    Again... where was the, "insult"? Are you on crack? "ARMADA", not "ARMANDA". Stop redlining for no reason and slow down a second to actually read the words you are responding to.

Specialized will have an ARMADA of 29ers out in the next few years. One could be called THE ARMADA. ARMADA! ARMADA! ARMADA!

Is that insulting to you in some way? I don't get it.

I am just looking to see if there is SPECIFIC information, I realize that they will probably have a bunch of bikes out.
    And as I stated: You will have to wait and see.

Hell you might have been joking in your first post and I mis-read it but with your reply I venture not.

So, now that you have roped me in, do you have a lead on some pictures, specs or prices that could be expected for these bikes?
    No. You don't want to argue. I will make it easy for you since you can't seem to control yourself, by not giving you anyone to argue with.

Have a nice time with your pollyannish, quasi-loyalty to your entity that is Specialized.

AN ARMADA! ARMADA OF 29ERS I SAY!

[SIZE="1"]ARMADA![/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    So you are mocking my mis-spelling, I love it.

Being called irrational, ridiculous and odd are insults, period. I wasn't saying that calling the impending 29ers for specialized an armada insulted me.

I am far from redlined on this issue, I actually find it comical.

I am just glad others were helpful. I will choose my questions and wording more appropriately next time so as to not give you an opportunity to mock.

It has been fun.

banned
    AN ARMADA OF 29ers!

Special for you. Feel special. You deserve it.

http://twentynineinches.com/2007/05/...rmed-on-29ers/

mtbr member
    What a piece of ...