Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 184
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    149

    The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread

    Post em here

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    130
    Got to get them first

  3. #3
    Ben-Jammin
    Reputation: CasteelG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    654
    Epic Marathon with Full SWAT (spare tube, multi-tool, tire levers, top-cap tools, tubeless valve stems, etc), bottle cages, test pedals, reflectors, and tubes - L- 26.3lbs

    Epic Comp, test pedals, reflectors, and tubes - L - 27.95 lbs

    We should be getting some Epic Expert WC's in soon as well...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    615
    S-Works Enduro 29er Med modified with Easton Carbon bar (720mm width), S-Works Cranks, Crank Brothers Candy 3 with Ti spindle and Magura MT6 brakes 27 lbs. 10 oz.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    63
    '14 L Enduro Comp 29er (stock: Pike, Formula, etc.) w/ XTR pedals & LEV - -> 33.25 lbs

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: inkpad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,549
    Small 2014 Stumpy Expert EVO Carbon FSR, stock with Crank Bros Candies = 26lbs 9oz (wifes new bike)

    Large 2014 Enduro Comp 29, switched to XX1 cranks & 32t ring (removed der & taco), Easton Havoc 55mm stem, Answer 780 bars, CB Mallet DH pedals, Avid Trail Brakes, Maxxis Ardent 2.4 front & rear, tubeless & a KS dropper post = 31lbs 8oz

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    149
    nice bikes you guys have!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    423

    Re: The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread

    Please post the stock weight of the hardtail models as well.
    What works for me may not work for you. What's best for you depends on many factors. We are different from each other.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_beginner View Post
    Please post the stock weight of the hardtail models as well.
    2014 Crave Pro Medium, Candies, Stans ArchEX XTR rims, with factory 2bliss tires and night riding lights, 25lbs 3oz

  10. #10
    Orr
    Orr is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    2014 Epic comp
    straight from the box without pedals without tubeless
    12.16kgs

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ric426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    422
    2013 Stumpjumper FSR 29 Comp Size L
    straight from the dealer with reflectors, test pedals, tubes, etc.
    30lbs 5oz
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Orr View Post
    2014 Epic comp
    straight from the box without pedals without tubeless
    12.16kgs
    What size?

  13. #13
    Orr
    Orr is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by --Andy-- View Post
    What size?

    size M

  14. #14
    Ben-Jammin
    Reputation: CasteelG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    654
    2014 Epic Expert Carbon World Cup with reflectors and tubes - Size M - 23.96 lbs

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    12
    2014 Epic Expert Carbon World Cup Size XL with Time ATAC Carbon XC 8 2 cages and tubes, 25.0lb

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: expatrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Temagami View Post
    '14 L Enduro Comp 29er (stock: Pike, Formula, etc.) w/ XTR pedals & LEV - -> 33.25 lbs
    Exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    76
    2014 stumpy evo comp 26"(M) weighed at bike shop at time of purchase

    29.05lbs
    Last edited by Kabob King; 11-03-2013 at 02:04 PM.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabob King View Post
    2014 stumpy evo comp (M) weighed at bike shop at time of purchase

    29.05lbs
    29er?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,398
    2014 Enduro 29 Comp L upgrades include Haven aluminum wheels, KS Lev 150 dropper, 1x10 mod with RaceFace narrow/wide ring. Is 30.0 lbs.




  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jimw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    454
    Checked out a 2014 Enduro Expert Evo at the shop the other day. Size L, totally stock with those plastic resin test pedals, it was 34.6 lbs. Dropped some weight from last year, probably due in large part to 1x11 and new Command Post IR.

  21. #21
    -C-
    -C- is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    442
    Enduro 29 Expert - Large, completely stock w/o pedals was 12.7kg.

    Few tweaks, mine is 12.7kg with them. New wheels should drop down to around 12.5 - that's as low as I want to go without spending megabucks

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    Checked out a 2014 Enduro Expert Evo at the shop the other day. Size L, totally stock with those plastic resin test pedals, it was 34.6 lbs. Dropped some weight from last year, probably due in large part to 1x11 and new Command Post IR.
    That cant be right?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    30
    2014 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO 29 (small)
    RS Pike DPA
    XX1 drivetrain
    XT Disc brakes
    Roval Carbon Control Wheelset w/ nobby nic 2.35 tubless

    26.13 lbs

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jimw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by rularn View Post
    That cant be right?
    What can't be right? The reported weight? Dunno if you thought I was talking about a regular Enduro, which is lighter. This is the Expert Evo, which is overbuilt for freeride abuse. Last year, same model was heavier. This year, it gets a 1x11 which ditches the front der weight, and the Command Post dropped some weight. I'm sure there are other components that got lighter but those are the ones I know of.

    In any case, this is a seriously kick-ass freeride bike, built to take some abuse and yet which still can be climbed on long AM rides.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    What can't be right? The reported weight? Dunno if you thought I was talking about a regular Enduro, which is lighter. This is the Expert Evo, which is overbuilt for freeride abuse. Last year, same model was heavier. This year, it gets a 1x11 which ditches the front der weight, and the Command Post dropped some weight. I'm sure there are other components that got lighter but those are the ones I know of.

    In any case, this is a seriously kick-ass freeride bike, built to take some abuse and yet which still can be climbed on long AM rides.
    Ah sorry my bad. I thought you were talking about the regular enduro. Nice bike!

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3
    2014 Stumpjumper HT Marathon med.

    No pedals, with tubes, and full SWAT

    22lb 14oz using Park Tools DS-1 scale

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    149
    any updates on stumpy or camber 2014?

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dusty Trails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    394

    Re: The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread

    2014 XL Camber Comp Carbon with tubes and practice peddles, no reflectors. 28.8lbs.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    11
    Stumpjumper HT comp alum size large.

    Box stock (no reflectors or cassette protector) and Shimano pedals 25.125#.
    Tubeless setup 24.75#
    Wolftooth 30th conversion 23.85#
    Stans Crest wheel set 22.75#

    Getting to be a respectable weight. The rotors seemed kind of heavy so there may be some savings there and I will probably go with an XT cassette when the time comes.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    212
    Weighed S-Works Epic WC (Shiny black in L) with tubes and no pedals - 21.6
    Disappointed. Kept seeing under 20 everywhere in early reviews....

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gasnit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    29
    2014 S-WORKS Enduro 29er, Medium, Stock parts and XTR pedals = 27.3lbs. Best handling 29er I've owned/ridden.

  32. #32
    amd
    amd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by rdalcanto View Post
    Weighed S-Works Epic WC (Shiny black in L) with tubes and no pedals - 21.6
    Disappointed.

    Well, the sub 20 weights were based on a non stock build. They were said to be without tubes, foam grips and a renegade front tire. The tubes alone add a pound.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Couloirman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    198

    The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread

    Any weights on the lower price epics? Like the epic comp carbon or epic expert carbon? I'd love to get an epic this year for bikepacking races like the CTR and AZTR but don't have 10k to drop on an s works.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by rdalcanto View Post
    Weighed S-Works Epic WC (Shiny black in L) with tubes and no pedals - 21.6
    Disappointed. Kept seeing under 20 everywhere in early reviews....
    For the last few years the mentioned weights at bike shows are always a bit optimistic/misleading. I remember my old 26er 2011 SW stumpy FSR was going to be 22lbs according to early reports , never that low ..
    That Epic WC will be a great bike and you'll lose a little over 1/2 pound going tubeless by the time you add enough fluid . Under 21lbs is still pretty amazing for a stock full suspension 29er.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dusty Trails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by Couloirman View Post
    Any weights on the lower price epics? Like the epic comp carbon or epic expert carbon? I'd love to get an epic this year for bikepacking races like the CTR and AZTR but don't have 10k to drop on an s works.
    This is just pure speculation, but I would think that that the Camber Comp Carbon wouldn't be too much heavier than the Epic Comp Carbon. That might give a general reference.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Couloirman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    198

    The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CasteelG View Post
    Epic Marathon with Full SWAT (spare tube, multi-tool, tire levers, top-cap tools, tubeless valve stems, etc), bottle cages, test pedals, reflectors, and tubes - L- 26.3lbs

    Epic Comp, test pedals, reflectors, and tubes - L - 27.95 lbs

    We should be getting some Epic Expert WC's in soon as well...
    Thanks for that. What does the swat system itself weigh? 1 pound ish? I'm leaning towards the marathon at this point and want to know what ill really shave off weight wise from my current 27 pounder-- not really a fair comparison for me until I find out the bikes naked weight. Thanks man!

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    202

    Comp Carbon

    Quote Originally Posted by Couloirman View Post
    Any weights on the lower price epics? Like the epic comp carbon or epic expert carbon? I'd love to get an epic this year for bikepacking races like the CTR and AZTR but don't have 10k to drop on an s works.
    Epic Comp Carbon 12,6 kg with pedals in size M! Standard Wheelset 2-2,1 kg

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2
    Hi,

    I was thinking of buying an Enduro Expert Carbon 29 2014.

    Does anyone have information on what it weighs with the original specification?

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    40
    2014 Stumpjumper Evo Expert Carbon 29 size medium stock without pedals was 26.8 lbs. That is with tubes, SWAT bottle cage with multi tool and no reflectors, etc. Haven't weighed it since setting up tubeless and putting Candy 3 pedals on, but expect it to come in high 26-low 27. Also, bottle cage with multitool weighs about a half pound.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Hi,

    I was thinking of buying an Enduro Expert Carbon 29 2014.

    Does anyone have information on what it weighs with the original specification?
    I weighed a medium in the shop and it came in around 28.5 from what I remember.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    I weighed a medium in the shop and it came in around 28.5 from what I remember.
    Ok Thanks!

    I need a Large, it will probably land on a few grams more ...

    Maybe I'll watch the Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO 29 instead.
    It seems to be about 1 kg lighter (2.2 lbs)

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    214
    I have a 2014 Enduro Comp size medium. Upgrades include: Crossmax sx wheels with Nevegal dtc 2.3, Shimano XT brakes with Icetech 180-160 rotors, Raceface Sixc 720mm bar, Cateye wireless cycle computer, and Canfield Crampon Ultimate pedals. Weight is 29.8 lbs.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cale399's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    327
    my buddy has non WC S-Works with XX1, s-works romin saddle, no tubes, xtr brakes, CB 1 pedals, ritchie carbon bars, ritchie c260 stem, SIZE Med, Ikon tires and Roval SL carbon wheels

    23.1lbs!!!!! and my WC with Masterpiece seat post Romin carbon rail expert saddle XT brakes, Easton EC70 bars is 23.25!!! and I saved a few GRAND$$$

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Hi,

    I was thinking of buying an Enduro Expert Carbon 29 2014.

    Does anyone have information on what it weighs with the original specification?
    Just got my '14 Enduro carbon Expert 29 XL, stock with shamano pedals- 28lbs, 9 oz. not bad!

    The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread-image.jpg

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomesd View Post
    Just got my '14 Enduro carbon Expert 29 XL, stock with shamano pedals- 28lbs, 9 oz. not bad!
    Is that with tubes in the tires or did you set them up tubeless?

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler View Post
    Is that with tubes in the tires or did you set them up tubeless?
    Thats set up tubeless. It's a pound lighter than my '11 stumpy fsr, I was pleasantly suprised...

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    374
    2014 S-works Epic WC medium. Stock except xtr race pedals and tires converted to tubeless, no reflectors- 21.75 lb.

    Quote Originally Posted by rdalcanto View Post
    Weighed S-Works Epic WC (Shiny black in L) with tubes and no pedals - 21.6
    Disappointed. Kept seeing under 20 everywhere in early reviews....

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    352
    Camber Expert Carbon size L, stock except no reflectors, crank bros pedals, approx 27.3 lbs.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    727
    From everything I've seen at the shop i work at, there is not a whole lot of difference between the new 2014 epics and last years epics as far as weight difference. The frame of the non-WC version looks kind of dainty to me... not sure if i like it yet. I'm sticking with my 2013 epic for now haha

    however! the new 2014 camber evo... its a SICK bike! not exactly sure on the weight but i ride it in Santa Cruz on vaca this year and i highly recommend that for anyone looking for a new trail bike! SUPER CAPABLE!

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chipolopolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrich88 View Post
    From everything I've seen at the shop i work at, there is not a whole lot of difference between the new 2014 epics and last years epics as far as weight difference. The frame of the non-WC version looks kind of dainty to me... not sure if i like it yet. I'm sticking with my 2013 epic for now haha

    however! the new 2014 camber evo... its a SICK bike! not exactly sure on the weight but i ride it in Santa Cruz on vaca this year and i highly recommend that for anyone looking for a new trail bike! SUPER CAPABLE!
    I think you're right. Any weight savings, goes right back into the chain tool and multi-tool being "on the bike."

    My 2014 S-Works Epic 29er XL is 23.3. That is with S-Works, Fast Track tires, tubeless with just one scoop of stans. 4 Ti eggs, two carbon bottle cages. everything else is stock the way it came.
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Specialized Stumpjumper fsr expert evo 26" 2014
    By TomTrail in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 10:54 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2013, 10:42 AM
  3. Replies: 2848
    Last Post: 01-01-2013, 09:36 AM
  4. Air 9 RDO "True" build weights.
    By Gutch in forum Niner Bikes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 06:08 PM
  5. Fox F100 1.125" and 1.5" taper weights
    By rockyuphill in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •