mtbr member
    Apr 2011

The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread

Post em here

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Got to get them first

Ben-Jammin
    Epic Marathon with Full SWAT (spare tube, multi-tool, tire levers, top-cap tools, tubeless valve stems, etc), bottle cages, test pedals, reflectors, and tubes - L- 26.3lbs

Epic Comp, test pedals, reflectors, and tubes - L - 27.95 lbs

We should be getting some Epic Expert WC's in soon as well...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    S-Works Enduro 29er Med modified with Easton Carbon bar (720mm width), S-Works Cranks, Crank Brothers Candy 3 with Ti spindle and Magura MT6 brakes 27 lbs. 10 oz.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    '14 L Enduro Comp 29er (stock: Pike, Formula, etc.) w/ XTR pedals & LEV - -> 33.25 lbs

mtbr member
    Small 2014 Stumpy Expert EVO Carbon FSR, stock with Crank Bros Candies = 26lbs 9oz (wifes new bike)

Large 2014 Enduro Comp 29, switched to XX1 cranks & 32t ring (removed der & taco), Easton Havoc 55mm stem, Answer 780 bars, CB Mallet DH pedals, Avid Trail Brakes, Maxxis Ardent 2.4 front & rear, tubeless & a KS dropper post = 31lbs 8oz

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    nice bikes you guys have!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Re: The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread

Please post the stock weight of the hardtail models as well.
    What works for me may not work for you. What's best for you depends on many factors. We are different from each other.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_beginner View Post
    Please post the stock weight of the hardtail models as well.
    2014 Crave Pro Medium, Candies, Stans ArchEX XTR rims, with factory 2bliss tires and night riding lights, 25lbs 3oz

Orr
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    2014 Epic comp
    straight from the box without pedals without tubeless
    12.16kgs

mtbr member
    2013 Stumpjumper FSR 29 Comp Size L
    straight from the dealer with reflectors, test pedals, tubes, etc.
    30lbs 5oz
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Orr View Post
    2014 Epic comp
    straight from the box without pedals without tubeless
    12.16kgs
    What size?

Orr
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by --Andy-- View Post
    What size?

size M

Ben-Jammin
    2014 Epic Expert Carbon World Cup with reflectors and tubes - Size M - 23.96 lbs

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    2014 Epic Expert Carbon World Cup Size XL with Time ATAC Carbon XC 8 2 cages and tubes, 25.0lb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Temagami View Post
    '14 L Enduro Comp 29er (stock: Pike, Formula, etc.) w/ XTR pedals & LEV - -> 33.25 lbs
    Exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    2014 stumpy evo comp 26"(M) weighed at bike shop at time of purchase

29.05lbs
    Last edited by Kabob King; 11-03-2013 at 02:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabob King View Post
    2014 stumpy evo comp (M) weighed at bike shop at time of purchase

29.05lbs
    29er?

mtbr member
    2014 Enduro 29 Comp L upgrades include Haven aluminum wheels, KS Lev 150 dropper, 1x10 mod with RaceFace narrow/wide ring. Is 30.0 lbs.

mtbr member
    Checked out a 2014 Enduro Expert Evo at the shop the other day. Size L, totally stock with those plastic resin test pedals, it was 34.6 lbs. Dropped some weight from last year, probably due in large part to 1x11 and new Command Post IR.

-C-
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Enduro 29 Expert - Large, completely stock w/o pedals was 12.7kg.

Few tweaks, mine is 12.7kg with them. New wheels should drop down to around 12.5 - that's as low as I want to go without spending megabucks

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    Checked out a 2014 Enduro Expert Evo at the shop the other day. Size L, totally stock with those plastic resin test pedals, it was 34.6 lbs. Dropped some weight from last year, probably due in large part to 1x11 and new Command Post IR.
    That cant be right?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    2014 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO 29 (small)
    RS Pike DPA
    XX1 drivetrain
    XT Disc brakes
    Roval Carbon Control Wheelset w/ nobby nic 2.35 tubless

26.13 lbs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rularn View Post
    That cant be right?
    What can't be right? The reported weight? Dunno if you thought I was talking about a regular Enduro, which is lighter. This is the Expert Evo, which is overbuilt for freeride abuse. Last year, same model was heavier. This year, it gets a 1x11 which ditches the front der weight, and the Command Post dropped some weight. I'm sure there are other components that got lighter but those are the ones I know of.

In any case, this is a seriously kick-ass freeride bike, built to take some abuse and yet which still can be climbed on long AM rides.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    What can't be right? The reported weight? Dunno if you thought I was talking about a regular Enduro, which is lighter. This is the Expert Evo, which is overbuilt for freeride abuse. Last year, same model was heavier. This year, it gets a 1x11 which ditches the front der weight, and the Command Post dropped some weight. I'm sure there are other components that got lighter but those are the ones I know of.

In any case, this is a seriously kick-ass freeride bike, built to take some abuse and yet which still can be climbed on long AM rides.
    Ah sorry my bad. I thought you were talking about the regular enduro. Nice bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    2014 Stumpjumper HT Marathon med.

No pedals, with tubes, and full SWAT

22lb 14oz using Park Tools DS-1 scale

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    any updates on stumpy or camber 2014?

mtbr member

2014 XL Camber Comp Carbon with tubes and practice peddles, no reflectors. 28.8lbs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Stumpjumper HT comp alum size large.

Box stock (no reflectors or cassette protector) and Shimano pedals 25.125#.
    Tubeless setup 24.75#
    Wolftooth 30th conversion 23.85#
    Stans Crest wheel set 22.75#

Getting to be a respectable weight. The rotors seemed kind of heavy so there may be some savings there and I will probably go with an XT cassette when the time comes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Weighed S-Works Epic WC (Shiny black in L) with tubes and no pedals - 21.6
    Disappointed. Kept seeing under 20 everywhere in early reviews....

mtbr member
    2014 S-WORKS Enduro 29er, Medium, Stock parts and XTR pedals = 27.3lbs. Best handling 29er I've owned/ridden.

amd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rdalcanto View Post
    Disappointed.

Well, the sub 20 weights were based on a non stock build. They were said to be without tubes, foam grips and a renegade front tire. The tubes alone add a pound.

mtbr member

Any weights on the lower price epics? Like the epic comp carbon or epic expert carbon? I'd love to get an epic this year for bikepacking races like the CTR and AZTR but don't have 10k to drop on an s works.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    For the last few years the mentioned weights at bike shows are always a bit optimistic/misleading. I remember my old 26er 2011 SW stumpy FSR was going to be 22lbs according to early reports , never that low ..
    That Epic WC will be a great bike and you'll lose a little over 1/2 pound going tubeless by the time you add enough fluid . Under 21lbs is still pretty amazing for a stock full suspension 29er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couloirman View Post
    Any weights on the lower price epics? Like the epic comp carbon or epic expert carbon? I'd love to get an epic this year for bikepacking races like the CTR and AZTR but don't have 10k to drop on an s works.
    This is just pure speculation, but I would think that that the Camber Comp Carbon wouldn't be too much heavier than the Epic Comp Carbon. That might give a general reference.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by CasteelG View Post
    Epic Marathon with Full SWAT (spare tube, multi-tool, tire levers, top-cap tools, tubeless valve stems, etc), bottle cages, test pedals, reflectors, and tubes - L- 26.3lbs

Epic Comp, test pedals, reflectors, and tubes - L - 27.95 lbs

We should be getting some Epic Expert WC's in soon as well...
    Thanks for that. What does the swat system itself weigh? 1 pound ish? I'm leaning towards the marathon at this point and want to know what ill really shave off weight wise from my current 27 pounder-- not really a fair comparison for me until I find out the bikes naked weight. Thanks man!

mtbr member
    May 2008

Comp Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by Couloirman View Post
    Epic Comp Carbon 12,6 kg with pedals in size M! Standard Wheelset 2-2,1 kg

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Hi,

I was thinking of buying an Enduro Expert Carbon 29 2014.

Does anyone have information on what it weighs with the original specification?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    2014 Stumpjumper Evo Expert Carbon 29 size medium stock without pedals was 26.8 lbs. That is with tubes, SWAT bottle cage with multi tool and no reflectors, etc. Haven't weighed it since setting up tubeless and putting Candy 3 pedals on, but expect it to come in high 26-low 27. Also, bottle cage with multitool weighs about a half pound.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Hi,

I weighed a medium in the shop and it came in around 28.5 from what I remember.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    I weighed a medium in the shop and it came in around 28.5 from what I remember.
    Ok Thanks!

I need a Large, it will probably land on a few grams more ...

Maybe I'll watch the Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO 29 instead.
    It seems to be about 1 kg lighter (2.2 lbs)

mtbr member
    I have a 2014 Enduro Comp size medium. Upgrades include: Crossmax sx wheels with Nevegal dtc 2.3, Shimano XT brakes with Icetech 180-160 rotors, Raceface Sixc 720mm bar, Cateye wireless cycle computer, and Canfield Crampon Ultimate pedals. Weight is 29.8 lbs.

mtbr member
    my buddy has non WC S-Works with XX1, s-works romin saddle, no tubes, xtr brakes, CB 1 pedals, ritchie carbon bars, ritchie c260 stem, SIZE Med, Ikon tires and Roval SL carbon wheels

23.1lbs!!!!! and my WC with Masterpiece seat post Romin carbon rail expert saddle XT brakes, Easton EC70 bars is 23.25!!! and I saved a few GRAND$$$

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Hi,

Just got my '14 Enduro carbon Expert 29 XL, stock with shamano pedals- 28lbs, 9 oz. not bad!

The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Tomesd View Post
    Just got my '14 Enduro carbon Expert 29 XL, stock with shamano pedals- 28lbs, 9 oz. not bad!
    Is that with tubes in the tires or did you set them up tubeless?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler View Post
    Is that with tubes in the tires or did you set them up tubeless?
    Thats set up tubeless. It's a pound lighter than my '11 stumpy fsr, I was pleasantly suprised...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    2014 S-works Epic WC medium. Stock except xtr race pedals and tires converted to tubeless, no reflectors- 21.75 lb.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Camber Expert Carbon size L, stock except no reflectors, crank bros pedals, approx 27.3 lbs.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    From everything I've seen at the shop i work at, there is not a whole lot of difference between the new 2014 epics and last years epics as far as weight difference. The frame of the non-WC version looks kind of dainty to me... not sure if i like it yet. I'm sticking with my 2013 epic for now haha

however! the new 2014 camber evo... its a SICK bike! not exactly sure on the weight but i ride it in Santa Cruz on vaca this year and i highly recommend that for anyone looking for a new trail bike! SUPER CAPABLE!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrich88 View Post
    From everything I've seen at the shop i work at, there is not a whole lot of difference between the new 2014 epics and last years epics as far as weight difference. The frame of the non-WC version looks kind of dainty to me... not sure if i like it yet. I'm sticking with my 2013 epic for now haha

however! the new 2014 camber evo... its a SICK bike! not exactly sure on the weight but i ride it in Santa Cruz on vaca this year and i highly recommend that for anyone looking for a new trail bike! SUPER CAPABLE!
    I think you're right. Any weight savings, goes right back into the chain tool and multi-tool being "on the bike."

My 2014 S-Works Epic 29er XL is 23.3. That is with S-Works, Fast Track tires, tubeless with just one scoop of stans. 4 Ti eggs, two carbon bottle cages. everything else is stock the way it came.
    Drinkin the S-Works Kool-aid

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I've had 3 S-Works bikes in the past few yrs and decided not to go that route this yr. My '14 Epic Expert WC weights 22.5lbs. with pedals. That's with a carbon bar, lighter stem, tubless, XTR pedals, and ESI grips. With these, 'upper end' Epics it's hard to justify the extra money for the minimal weight savings. The S-Works are definitely sweet looking rigs though!
    MCH Co-Captain

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I agree with that. But to compare, the Epic comp from 2013 and 2014 only have a fraction of a pound difference between the two. Same parts spec too for the most part. I havent been able to compare very many carbon models to last years, but if the aluminum model says much, it's that this new frame design didn't drop just a ton of weight. I mean, the Sworks Shimano version from last year that we built came in at 22 lbs flat in a medium. And from what i'm hearing in this thread, there isn't much of a difference this year!
    There is a difference in the expert versions though with the new addition of carbon wheels at this level though!

leashem
    I got my 2014 XL/21" Evo Comp down to 23 lbs. That is with stock fork, crank and derailleur. Everything else was changed out. I think I could shave a bit more with a carbon wheel set. Just an FYI that you can get these bikes pretty light weight.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwic View Post
    I've had 3 S-Works bikes in the past few yrs and decided not to go that route this yr. My '14 Epic Expert WC weights 22.5lbs. with pedals. That's with a carbon bar, lighter stem, tubless, XTR pedals, and ESI grips. With these, 'upper end' Epics it's hard to justify the extra money for the minimal weight savings. The S-Works are definitely sweet looking rigs though!
    Got a pic of your rig? Sounds like a nice build. I'm going back and forth on getting an S-works Frameset to build up or just going with an Expert WC and upgrade some things.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    With carbon wheels and full X01 drivetrain! go with the expert! Killer build for the price!

Just Joshin' ya!
    2014 Crave SL (medium) with Romin Saddle and slightly different stem than stock. With Wellgo WO-1 pedals, 21 lbs, 5oz.
    Getting a dropper post is like getting a bidet. I didn't know I needed one until I get one and boy, does my ass thank me.

mtbr member
    My wife's small weighs in at 21.5lbs with pedals and bottle cage and a set of the older ('13) Rovals.
    2016 Yeti SB4.5c
    2014 S-Works Epic WC

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    Got a pic of your rig? Sounds like a nice build. I'm going back and forth on getting an S-works Frameset to build up or just going with an Expert WC and upgrade some things.
    No pics yet. I'm probably going to sell the Magura MTS brakes and go with XTR's too. Not necessarily because they're light, just better brakes. I'll post pics this winter, with over a foot of snow on the ground I won't be riding it for a while anyways!
    MCH Co-Captain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EPICYZ View Post
    My wife's small weighs in at 21.5lbs with pedals and bottle cage and a set of the older ('13) Rovals.
    It's an '14 S-Works Epic
    2016 Yeti SB4.5c
    2014 S-Works Epic WC

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

... and if we just ...

The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread-image.jpgThe "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread-image.jpg2014 Epic WC, White, Size XL, stock, resin pedals and tubes, 24.1 lb

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    why the set of older rovals?! Did you buy the complete or the frameset?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboy View Post
    I got my 2014 XL/21" Evo Comp down to 23 lbs. That is with stock fork, crank and derailleur. Everything else was changed out. I think I could shave a bit more with a carbon wheel set. Just an FYI that you can get these bikes pretty light weight.
    Evo Comp? camber? what bike is it?

bike tester
    Crave 29" size M (17.5") - 12.185g (without pedals, tyres deflated )

Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Anybody got official weights on a large WC epic sworks and an an sworks sj ht?
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    2014 S-Works Epic WC is 9.75 kg (size L, without pedals, with tubes)

Some other 2014 bikes that I've weighed. All are as they come, with tubes, without pedals, reflectors and dork ring removed.

Mountain bikes:
    Stumpjumper HT Comp Carbon - 10.77 kg, size L
    Stumpjumper HT Expert Carbon - 10.11 kg, L
    Stumpjumper HT Comp - 11.04 kg, 19"
    Fate Comp Carbon - 10.44 kg, size 17"
    Crave Comp 29 - 11.82 kg, M
    Rockhopper Comp 29 - 13.02 kg, 19"
    Epic Comp Carbon - 11.97 kg, 19"
    Epic Marathon Carbon - 11.34 kg, size XL, with 1 x Zee cage II

Road bikes:
    Tarmac SL4 Sport 105 M2 - 8.47 kg, 56cm
    Roubaix SL4 Pro Race Force - 7.13 kg, 56cm
    Langster - 7.82 kg, 56cm, no brakes
    Roubaix SL4 Sport 105 - 8.96 kg, 56cm
    Ruby Sport 105 C2 - 8.61 kg, 51cm
    Secteur Sport - 10.18 kg, 58cm

All stock, all without pedals.

mtbr member
    2014 Enduro Comp 29 size M
    31lbs 4oz including plastic demo pedals at local shop today
    2017 Stumpy 29 FSR Carbon/2016 YT Capra Al

I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by siim_s View Post
    2014 S-Works Epic WC is 9.75 kg (size L, without pedals, with tubes)

Some other 2014 bikes that I've weighed. All are as they come, with tubes, without pedals, reflectors and dork ring removed.

Mountain bikes:
    Stumpjumper HT Comp Carbon - 10.77 kg, size L
    Stumpjumper HT Expert Carbon - 10.11 kg, L
    Stumpjumper HT Comp - 11.04 kg, 19"
    Fate Comp Carbon - 10.44 kg, size 17"
    Crave Comp 29 - 11.82 kg, M
    Rockhopper Comp 29 - 13.02 kg, 19"
    Epic Comp Carbon - 11.97 kg, 19"
    Epic Marathon Carbon - 11.34 kg, size XL, with 1 x Zee cage II

Road bikes:
    Tarmac SL4 Sport 105 M2 - 8.47 kg, 56cm
    Roubaix SL4 Pro Race Force - 7.13 kg, 56cm
    Langster - 7.82 kg, 56cm, no brakes
    Roubaix SL4 Sport 105 - 8.96 kg, 56cm
    Ruby Sport 105 C2 - 8.61 kg, 51cm
    Secteur Sport - 10.18 kg, 58cm

All stock, all without pedals.
    Great data! Thanks for posting. It is so silly that the manufactures don't post the weghts. Its easy enough to disclaim it with the particulars..no pedals, reflectors, for a size x etc. and have a +/-.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29 - 13.01 kg, L frame (my new bike, yeah!)

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Do you the weight for Epic 2014 standard (size L)?
    not WC model...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

2014 Carbon Cambers

Does anyone have weights for the 2014

Camber Carbon Expert 29
    Camber Carbon Comp 29
    both size Medium

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Frame weights. Size Small
    13 SJ Expert Carbon HT 29 bare (except for plastic PF30 cups): 2.68 lbs
    14 SJ Marathon Carbon HT bare: 2.9 lbs

I assume the weight increase the stiffness from 8m to 10m. I also expect the S-Works to also gain a 1/4 lb from the 13 version.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Internal routing is definitely heavier than the external on 13's. Have you seen all the hardware (metal guides, anti-rattle foam, etc)?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Epic Expert World Cup 23.44 lbs out of the box with tubes (without pedals). That is after I swapped the 1.95 Renegade Control out for the S-Works Captain 2.0. After I put pedals on and went tubeless, it weighed 23.81 lbs. ready to hit the trail. Carbon bars and seatpost with ESI grips may take it under 23

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    The size of the bike in the above post was a Medium

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Epic Expert World Cup (small) stock out of the box with tubes, reflectors and XTR pedals 23.75 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rovpilot26 View Post
    2014 Crave Pro Medium, Candies, Stans ArchEX XTR rims, with factory 2bliss tires and night riding lights, 25lbs 3oz
    Your wheel setup must be very light. I also got the medium Crave Pro, but it weighs 26.4 lbs (reflectors and "dork" disc removed, X7 front derailleur replaced with XTR).
    What works for me may not work for you. What's best for you depends on many factors. We are different from each other.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread-img_4858-copy.jpg

SJ Expert Carbon HT
    -S-works carbon bar
    -SLX r shifter
    -ESI grips
    -Magura MT8 brakes
    -S-works crank w/ 38T XX1 ring
    -XTR pedals
    -XTR mid-cage r derailleur
    -PG1050 cassette
    -Thomson seatpost
    -S-works Toupé seat
    -Control wheel set
    -King Cage SS bottle cage
    -SWAT headset tool
    -S-works Fast Track tires

20.44#

Control SL wheel set on order
    Remove SWAT headset tool

mtbr member
    Enduro Expert Carbon 29er - as delivered including pedals and tubes - 28.2lbs.
    Should get this under 28lbs tubeless and with better pedals.
    For detailed spec see the spesh website.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    That looks like a big chainring.
    MCH Co-Captain

I like turtles

Quote Originally Posted by dypeterc View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4858 copy.jpg 
Views:	11554 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	866040

SJ Expert Carbon HT
    -S-works carbon bar
    -SLX r shifter
    -ESI grips
    -Magura MT8 brakes
    -S-works crank w/ 38T XX1 ring
    -XTR pedals
    -XTR mid-cage r derailleur
    -PG1050 cassette
    -Thomson seatpost
    -S-works Toupé seat
    -Control wheel set
    -King Cage SS bottle cage
    -SWAT headset tool
    -S-works Fast Track tires

20.44#

Control SL wheel set on order
    Remove SWAT headset tool
    That is badass. Crazy light. With those tires, pedals, and seat my Stumpy Evo HT would at 21.75..that carbon frame and whichever fork it has must knock off over a pound over the aluminum version with the Fox fork.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

11,4kg in stok

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    what is that serzh? model and size?
    Epic Flash Boris F65X + road bikes

mtbr member
    My large SWorks Epic WC weights 21.5 lbs. with ti EggBeaters and 1 bottle cage.
    2016 Yeti SB4.5c
    2014 S-Works Epic WC

I like turtles
    My large SWorks Epic WC weights 21.5 lbs. with ti EggBeaters and 1 bottle cage.
    Again...sick I say..sick!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by donn12 View Post
    what is that serzh? model and size?
    S-Works Enduro 2014, 26" with 34t chainring, tubes and point one podium pedals, m size.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    2014 S Works Stumpjumper HT
    Ritchey Superlogic Handlebars
    Ritchey C260 Stem
    Ritchey Traillogic Seatpost
    Crankbrothers Eggbeater 11
    19lbs 9oz
    Attached Images Attached Images   

mtbr member
    Camber Evo large with test ride pedals, but with reflectors and spoke protector removed, 29.94 lbs.
    "Don't take life too serious. You'll never get out alive."

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    S-Works Stumpjumper HT Frame
    Medium
    1340g
    inc internal cable fittings

Thru axle 40g
    Seat Clamp 18g

SID Brain Fork 1550g
    Last edited by jnr_seahorse; 02-06-2014 at 01:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    These seem to be a good bit heavier than last year's, not counting the thru axle even.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    These seem to be a good bit heavier than last year's, not counting the thru axle even.
    Seems to be 1/4# heavier w/o hardware

Quote Originally Posted by dypeterc View Post
    Frame weights. Size Small
    13 SJ Expert Carbon HT 29 bare (except for plastic PF30 cups): 2.68 lbs
    14 SJ Marathon Carbon HT bare: 2.9 lbs

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    1340g weight was without thru axel and seat clamp. Just the cable guide covers.
    It is heavier than the previous bike, my old S-Works same size is 1170g.

I even double checked on another set of scales!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Lighter isn't always better.

But my wife (who's waiting on an S-works frame set) doesn't weight enough to make use of increased stiffness in the frame... so she would likely disagree

mtbr member
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jnr_seahorse View Post
    1340g weight was without thru axel and seat clamp. Just the cable guide covers.
    It is heavier than the previous bike, my old S-Works same size is 1170g.

I even double checked on another set of scales!
    We're they both painted?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Can someone guess or know the weight difference between a 2013 Stumpjumper carbon Comp HT Frame only versus a 2014 Epic S-Works WC Frame only. Deciding if should go that route for my wife just not knowing how much weight that will gain if everything else stays the same. Is the Fork of the 2014 Epic WC any lighter than the stock Fork for 2013 Carbon Comp Stumpjumper HT?

Thanks...

slamma
    May 2005
    if a bike weighs under 24lbs is it still a mt bike ? whats the obsession with weight ? Counting ounces i mean.... I myself could loose 15lbs,,,no way XTR is gonna help me with that, lol.
    visions come not to polluted eyes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    She weighs 105 lbs and every lb makes the difference for her climbing 5k+ in a race. Deciding if getting a sworks WC Frame and using parts we upgraded the 2013 Carbon Comp which is currently at 18.5 lbs and trying to figure is added weight worth the Full Suspension.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The "Specialized 2014 actual weights"-thread-img_4048.jpg
    2014 Epic Expert Carbon 24 lbs. 08 oz
    size large, pedals removed, both swat cages and integrated chain tool installed
    thompson seat post and 155mm romin evo pro saddle, stock tires set up tubeless
    Last edited by donn12; 02-09-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    Epic Flash Boris F65X + road bikes

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte772 View Post
    She weighs 105 lbs and every lb makes the difference for her climbing 5k+ in a race. Deciding if getting a sworks WC Frame and using parts we upgraded the 2013 Carbon Comp which is currently at 18.5 lbs and trying to figure is added weight worth the Full Suspension.
    I think what matters is, do you think she needs rear suspension? then again does she want it? If she does and if you think the suspension will help make her faster than the weight will not matter. I ride everything from 6" travel to super light HT and my times on the same trail don't vary much, sometimes within seconds, but that's because my trails offer a varying and wide mix of trails, and hardly any of it is smoother XC. Whats faster up may be a little slower down (on some courses)!!! Look at your courses and see what's better for you or her. But as always, whatever she wants, just get it, psychologically it's gonna be faster. At least that's what I tell myself every time I over spend on something I "need". And what do you know.... It's worth it! :-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Nice reply, she is getting older and back issue that is why she wanted to FS but not at a cost of added weight when most races she does has more climbs then descents but have opened the question to Specialized and will see what they say for weight differences. She says if greater than a lb she may reconsider

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by donn12 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4048.jpg 
Views:	1793 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	868529
    2014 Epic Expert Carbon 24 lbs. 08 oz
    size large, pedals removed, both swat cages and integrated chain tool installed
    thompson carbon seat post and 155mm romin evo pro saddle, stock tires set up tubeless
    Thomson makes a carbon seat post?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast