Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Specialized 2014???

So the launch for dealers is in a few weeks time.Usually by now we know most of what is new for 2014 but so far very little.We know about the womans rumor.Not sure how many woman outside the USA going to ride a bike with the name spelt wrong.We know about the enduro and kashima coating on lower epics.Please tell me that is not it.
    Anyone add anything to the list?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chillie View Post
    Not sure how many woman outside the USA going to ride a bike with the name spelt wrong.
    Female Mountain Bike Pre-Purchase Checklist (in order of importance):

1. How the model name is 'spelt'
    2. Performance
    3. Quality

Really? Maybe I'm reading too much into this comment.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know when the 2014 models will be available? Ready to buy a new bike and really want to get an Enduro 29!

mtbr member
    Wahahaha,I would never even attempt to understand how woman think.All I know is that almost every woman that has come into the shop that I have shown pics of the bike within 5 min commented "but it's spelt wrong".
    Just saying.

mtbr member
    I have been buggin' my LBS for a couple of months and I really can't get a straight answer on any of the new 2014 models. I'm sure they really don't know?
    Specialized fsr comp 29er rumors thus far.

1.Possibly having shorter chain stays.
    2. Rockshock pike might be the front shock.
    3. Dropper seat post
    4. Price increase to $3,300 with new bells and whistles.
    5. Bike color- more matte and bright colors.

mtbr member
    Is there any compelling reason why the Expert Carbon level Stumpjumpers get a factory shock and the Enduros of the same level don't?

I'd love to pay 200$ more for the Expert carbon model and therefore have Kashima.
    It's friggin expensive anyway.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    They also get Avid trail brakes (the 4 pot ones) and the enduro's get Elixers.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    All better models will have 142mm rear wheel spacing including Stumpy HT.

mtbr member
    At Finnish cycling magazine says they have a test ride, Camber S-Works 29" on next issue...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamusWave View Post
    At Finnish cycling magazine says they have a test ride, Camber S-Works 29" on next issue...
    Yes, a S-Works Camber.

I don't understand the need for this bike
    S-Works Venge
    S-Works Crux Disc
    Stumpjumper Expert EVO HT 29er
    Crux SS - Team Stumpjumper
    Roubaix Expert - Neon Pink

mtbr member
    I think an s-works Camber is a good idea. its for the trail rider who doesnt want the twitchy, firm ride of the Epic and doesnt need the long travel of the Stumpjumper. I found for fast flowy trails with a mix of climbs and a few rough sections is best on a Camber.
    2013 Stumpy Evo

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I heard RUMOURS of a camber evo, hopefully with a 15mm axle fork. Hoping for shorter rear ends on the 29" stumpy fsrs though i have seen a 2014 generic fsr user manual and it only mentions the taco blade and mid mount front mech in relation to the 29" enduro not any stumpys which is a shame

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    I think an s-works Camber is a good idea. its for the trail rider who doesn't want the twitchy, firm ride of the Epic and doesn't need the long travel of the Stumpjumper. I found for fast flowy trails with a mix of climbs and a few rough sections is best on a Camber.
    Agree 100%. I have a 29 FSR SJ, a Camber and Epic all in carbon and I ride the Camber the most. If the camber could climb just a little better (like my epic) I probably would never ride my Epic again.

In general terms I would like to see some brighter colors. Seems to me that the past two years have been a lot of black and silver and little else. A Camber with a brain would be cool.

mtbr member
    Id love to see a Camber evo that was slack (67-68 degrees) with short chainstays like the Enduro 29 and 100-110mm of travel. That would be a fun bike!
    2013 Stumpy Evo

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Praying they keep the chainstay length of the current Stumpy's 29"s. Another ruined 29" apologists bike like the Enduro 29" would be a real shame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Is the Stumpy HT getting 142mm dropouts?

mtbr member
    cruX 2014 was released on the Internet toady! Hopefully our MTB will leak out soon too!

Specialized CruX cyclocross bikes 2014 ? first look | BikeRadar

mtbr member
    Also looking like the they might be sticking with the red, silver, black, & white paint.

There's always next year.
    I don't need it, as I have a fresh '13 Epic Carbon Comp, but I'd be interested to see an Epic stocked with a dropper post, bigger tires (Ground Control / The Captain?) wider riser bar, and maybe a softer brain. That's where mine's going... already have the dropper, and bar; will deal with tires when the fall/winter comes. Somebody's gonna tell me that I should have bought a Camber instead, but I REALLY like the combo of a bike that can pedal and behaves like an XC bike on tamer trails but has some ability to get into some rougher stuff and survive and thrive.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No padrefan, you just made your own Epic EVO. If you check the Camber and Epic geo and take the travel diff. into account they aren't really that different. It is the brain that makes the big difference. I don't run a dropper on mine or big rubber but I do tune my shock so it is pretty compliant.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Unfortunately I've missed out on the 2014 range. Was waiting for them later this year, thinking I'll be able to see the range this week and put in the advance order with the local dealer, but unfortunately found today that my current ride has a cracked frame (other brand), so looks like I'm hunting around for a 2013 model still in stock

I am Specialized
    Nov 2011

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuXo View Post
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    After test riding an Epic and not being as blown away by the brain enough to potentially have the service and repair headaches of one I think an S-work Camber may sell well. Not for me but for guys getting into racing and not wanting to drop $10k+ on an Epic. If the Camber saves them $1k or more and its something they can actually maintain/repair themselves in the garage then it'll be perfect.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    Wow, the Expedition line looks sweet. I might have to get the Sworks version.

But seriously, I am so excited for the real launch. Should happen this week maybe?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast