Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Specialized 2010 models availability in US

Want to know when 2010 models will be available in the US shops - especially I mean Epic 29er comp.

brgds
    Tom

mtbr member
    It probably depends to an extent on the shop in question. My local dealer doesn't like to order in a bunch of stock just before winter hits. When you have 2-3 feet of snow on the ground, the market for bikes tends to slow down just a tad little bit .

Thus, I don't really expect to see much in the way of 2010 models until about February.

Religion = Non-thinking
    the shops i've gone to have had no problem getting me any bike that i wanted. they said they'd have it in within a week with a 50% refundable deposit.

they also have some bikes in stock and set up for test rides also.
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    the shops i've gone to have had no problem getting me any bike that i wanted. they said they'd have it in within a week with a 50% refundable deposit.

they also have some bikes in stock and set up for test rides also.

Where are you from? Your also talking about a special order which usually requires you to purchase the bike regardless.

FReak
    I just ordered up a 2010 Demo and my dealer called up their spesh rep and the rep said that they wouldn't have any in until late october at the earliest more like mid-november
    2010 Specialized Demo 8 II (Upgraded to II from I)
    2008 Specialized Enduro SL Expert

mtbr member
    I've been told mid October, but I'm hoping the Epic Marathon 29 I ordered comes in sooner!

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by goneskiian
    I've been told mid October, but I'm hoping the Epic Marathon 29 I ordered comes in sooner!

Cheers!

do you have any recommendaions concerning web-shop where I can order it to have it in New York at the early beginning of November - its a must because my friend will transport it to Europe for me (he leaves US mid November).

Do you belive there is any chance to get it in required period?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I was told at my LBS that all 2010 Specialized bikes are available directly from Specialized (unless there are some crazy 010 models that have yet to be released). You can order any of them, without any deposit whatsoever. It will be at the shop here in Austin, TX within 7 days of them placing the order. They call you when it arrives, no one else has access to it until you see it (unless you don't go see the bike within about a week after it arrives). If you like the bike you ordered, then you buy it. If you don't like it, you've paid nothing, say thanks anyway, and now they have a 2010 stocked on their floor for other customers to purchase.

I know this because I just ordered my girlfriend a 2010 Specialized mountain bike about 2 weeks ago. We walked in, pointed to it on the computer screen, agreed on the size, gave my contact info, didn't put any money down, and they assured me if she didn't like it, there was no obligation whatsoever. It was there 7 days later, she loved it, and thats all she wrote.

Religion = Non-thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by upintheair
    Where are you from? Your also talking about a special order which usually requires you to purchase the bike regardless.
    i'm from NYC. i'm talking about placing an order, not every lbs stocks every single model bike in every single size around the year...

did u get the part where i said "refundable" deposit; which usually does not require you to purchase the bike
    RH SL Pro

2MM
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Waiting on an sx trail. Dealer said spec rep told him mid to late Sept. but to be honest i got the feeling he really didn't know for sure.

FReak
    How are you guys getting your bikes in a week or two when I have to wait 8-10?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I have a 2010 S-Works Epic on order and I have been told that it will arrive the first week in October.

Religion = Non-thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by FROGMAN524
    if i wanted to get the rockhopper sl expert, my lbs said they can get it as soon as in 4 business days
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FROGMAN524
    8 to 10 weeks? Where do you live? Mongolia?

I would guess it's the proximity to California. Those closer get them faster because they have less far to travel.

FReak
    I live in Flagstaff, AZ so not very far from Cali. Hopefully it comes sooner but I doubt it

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmurv
    I have a 2010 S-Works Epic on order and I have been told that it will arrive the first week in October.

do you have any idea where I can order it buy internet and pay by visa or paypal and get it delivered to New York.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tostos
    do you have any idea where I can order it buy internet and pay by visa or paypal and get it delivered to New York.

I'm pretty sure that Specialized won't let dealers do internet sales. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. For most LBSs that carry Spec, I doubt they want to break thier agreement and lose the product line. Sersiously, it wouldn't be worth selling 1 or 2 bikes on the internet and then lose the brand.

I have a budy selling his 2009 S-works Epic in size medium. I can get you pictures if you want. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Rob

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I ordered an sworks enduro frame in NYC and have been told anytime between early Oct. and early Nov. It would be cool if Specialized would put us out of our misery!

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by louisssss
    if i wanted to get the rockhopper sl expert, my lbs said they can get it as soon as in 4 business days
    Yes, that is true, Many Entry Level 2010 bikes have been available for the past month.

mtbr member
    Sounds to me like the higher end stuff is actually being held up by SRAM. I read in the SRAM discussions that there was only 1000 sets of XX that have been delivered and the next round is in the pipeline but not ready to be delivered until next month.

Here's the thread I'm referring to:

XX release date

OK, so it's several thousand sets that have been released. Sounds promising.

As for the bikes that aren't running XX. Who knows?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I ordered my 2010 FSR Stumpjumper Expert about 2 weeks ago here in AZ and they said that i can expect it late September or early October. I dunno if that is reliable, but I am hoping for sooner then later.

Shift less, Pedal more.
    I got my frame last Friday. Stumpy 29er SS. My bro has had his Stumpy Comp 29er for 2 weeks now.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

it depends on which 2010 bike.

I ordered a 2010 Stumpjumper fsr expert 29 and was told that model was delayed and probably wouldn't arrive until early November.
    TEX

Always pushing harder!!!
    Well, down here in Puerto Rico its the same story. I've been down in my LBS, wich actually in an authorized distribuitor of Specialized, for the past few days and the answer is they don't know when a lot of the models will be out there. SRAM is not the problem, I'm trying to get good deals on 2010 bikes for 2 of my friends and none of them have XX components. Actually, both bikes are Epics, one 29er and one Marathon Carbon. Even the owner of the shop doesn't know when he will have the bikes, and he has a lot of customers waiting for other models also. And they also told me that it may take 2 weeks at least for them to have an idea wich models might get shipped, and at least 1 month for them to get here...so we're talking November...not good!!!

I already placed the pre-order for both bikes pending waiting period, so by next week I might have an answer...

mtbr member
    At least you're closer to the equator and won't have (as much?) snow to deal with on your rides this winter!

Sorry, just trying to help you see the bright side.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast