Urban to Mountian Rider
    Dec 2008

Specialized 2008 Stumpjumper FSR comp feeler:

Hey everyone!

I was thinking about selling my 2008 Stumpjumper FSR Comp and using the cash to put toward something with more suspension travel.. MSRP on these bikes i believe is around $2100. How much do you think its worth?
    Here is some info:

* Bike: Specialized Stumpjumper FSR comp (2008)
    * Frame Size & Color: Large black silver and blue
    * Fork: Fox F-series RL-32
    * Brakes: Avid Juicy Five SL
    * Cranks: Custom Shimano
    * Front Derailleur: SRAM i dunno what though
    * Rear Derailleur: SRAM ^^
    * Pedals: random stock ones. i dont know what to call them haha.
    * Stem: Specialized adjustable rise
    * Handlebar: Specialized XC low rise
    * Seatpost: alloy, single-bolt setback
    * Saddle: Specialized Format
    * Bottom Bracket: Custom Shimano
    * Cassette: Shimano HG-50, 9-speed, 11-34t
    * Headset: 1-1/8" Threadless
    * Grips: Specialized thick lock on grip
    * Front Tire: S-Works The Captain, 29x2.2"
    * Front Rim: Custom DT Swiss X470, 29", 24mm wide
    * Front Hub/Skewer: Specialized Hi Lo disc
    * Rear Tire: Same as front
    * Rear Rim: Same as front
    * Rear Hub/Skewer: DT Swiss 1.8mm stainless
    * Weight: around 25 lbs (+or- 2-3 lbs) last time i checked.. could be wrong though because the scale was pretty ghetto if you ask me. does 25 sound kind of average? not quite sure..
    * More info:
    I bought this bike less than 6 months ago and have only driven it on pavement, a trail in moab, and part of a trail near my house. so its only seen dirt twice. i have kept everything up to par in the 5-6 months i have owned the bike since i bought it brand new from my LBS. I have gotten the 30-90 day free tune up on it, as well as 2 weeks after buying it i got the brakes re-bled because there was a bubble in the line when they bled them from the factory, causing the lever to be overly squishy for the rear. i oil the chain at least once a month, and clean this bike at least once a month, and after any trail. whenever i clean it i lube the chain with bike chain lube, and clean the brakes with rubbing / isopropyl alcohol. also when i clean the bike i use UV protectant armor-all on the tires (being careful not to get it on the brakes of corse), frame, and fork/shock. also, i talked to FOX and they said that the seals are perfectly fine to lube with chain lube so i clean and lube the suspension every cleaning as well. id have to say that this bike is VERY nice considering it being used for about 5-6 months.
    If i can think of any other info then i will add it later.

Here are some pics:

If you need more pics then just ask!

So basically, how much do you guys (since you are more experienced than me) think that my bike is worth? If you have questions, post them here unless you want to PM me with them!
    I appreciate the help!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by biker_maniack; 08-09-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    Hey guys! Don't bother asking questions on MTBR! If your lucky you may just get a straight answer! Thanks for the support!

mtbr member
    There is an '08 FSR Expert (stock) that has been for sale for $1600 around here. It has been up for a month, with no hits.

What parts have been upgraded from stock, any?

Looks like they go from $800 - $1400 on eBay.

Urban to Mountian Rider
    Dec 2008
    its just stock.. but if i could get in the 1000 area off of mine it would be tight. that is all i need to get a used big hit or a new iron horse. (if i put some of my own cash into it..)
    thanks!
    Hey guys! Don't bother asking questions on MTBR! If your lucky you may just get a straight answer! Thanks for the support!

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jonw9
    There is an '08 FSR Expert (stock) that has been for sale for $1600 around here. It has been up for a month, with no hits.
    Which is weird because an 08 expert, test bike color, mint condition, just finished on ebay for over $1800 last night.

I think the comp, with plenty of good pics to show that it is close to mint condition, will bring 1200-1400. Maybe 1500 if you get a good battle between 2 bidders.

Urban to Mountian Rider
    Dec 2008
    alright, i will work on some more pics for sure today. i will get them up sometime today.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Just curious... if you've only been off road with it twice, why do you think you should get a Big Hit or something like it?

Urban to Mountian Rider
    Dec 2008
    Because I do urban riding. A really lite type of FRing. From how my bike has worked for me off of 3 foot drops and small bit of jumping I know I am going to need a bike with more travel. I don't like riding stiff so that it doesn't want to bottom out on small drops, but I don't like bottoming out either. In order for me to go bigger like I want to I am going to need a bike that can handle how I want to ride. I don't want to have to baby my bike and debate on weather I want to risk braking my bike any time that I see something I wanna try. It happens all the time.. Plus this bike would be better off being used for what it's meant to. It's stupid to end up wrecking a bike because I didn't want to do the work to get one that's built for how I ride. Ya know what Mean? I am not riding my bike how I want to ride it because I am afraid of ruining it. I know I can handle more than I want to try to make this bike handle. I hope this makes sense.

Members who have read this thread: 0