Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Speci bearing kit enduro

646 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  djska 
#1 ·
I just bought a replacement bearing kit for my '06 enduro but noticed the bearing's have a slight play in them. Is this usual for bearing's or should I return them and go for the enduroseals one's?

The bearings are NBK's, chinese brand.

#2 ·
Sneeck said:
I just bought a replacement bearing kit for my '06 enduro but noticed the bearing's have a slight play in them. Is this usual for bearing's or should I return them and go for the enduroseals one's?

The bearings are NBK's, chinese brand.
I'm assuming you have play after you installed the new bearings. In either case this can be normal, but the solution to the problem is the a small film of blue loctite around the outside of the bearing and then reinstall.

#3 ·
Nope, the play is straight out of the package and is inside the bearing(inner roller and outer cage can move a tiny bit side-to-side). That's why i'm worried, the kit cost me 100 euro's here in europe so if they used cheap bearing's they will be exchanged for either the enduro seal one's, boca's or SKF bearing's.

#4 ·
I replaced the bearings for my Stumpjumper twice, don't think they where that expensive. Also, play may be caused by the spacers and the Specialized kit also contains all the spacers as well. While you're at it also check/replace the shock bushing, and order a couple of them (perhaps including a tool to make the work easier).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.