Beer Please!

Source for Older Used replacement parts?

Does anyone have a source for finding replacement parts to older bikes? In my case a 2002 Enduro.

I purchased the bike brand new back in July 2002, but that was so long ago I cannot find any of my original paperwork, I have all my original manuals, even the Fox Float RL user Manual, but no proof of purchase. I spoke to my Local Specialized dealer and to Specialized directly and there is nothing they will do for me without some sort of record, so no point in barking up that tree.

I really need a new bike, I love the Specialized brand, this is my second of four Specialized bikes, and the only one I purchased new, but with a huge tax bill this year I am on a major budget. I found a crack on the seat post stem a few rides ago, but have fixed it with a Hose clamp for now... yeah, not the best, but cheaper than getting it welded, and it works.

I noticed a few rides ago that the bolt that holds the bottom of the rear shock in the FSR linkage was spinning in place, but I did not notice until last week there there was a crack in the linkage bracket itself. I took it apart and found it was done for.

I emailed Specialized and whoever answers the emails says they do not have any replacement parts for my bike.

So, long story short, does anyone know if there is a good source for finding old parts, or should I throw in the towel and start saving again for a new bike? I plan to head back to my local specialized dealer and see if they have any sources, but I have my doubts.

Here are some pictures to show you the fun I have been having this year:

Crack

Temporary fix

Linkage Bracket....

I figure this is a long shot, but you never know.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    You might find a linkage on ebay. Frankly. You need a new frame. Don't waste your time/money buying a new linkage. You can find a 2005-2008 enduro frame on ebay or craigslist for < 200$. The seat tube is a HUGE safety issue.

mtbr member
    Maybe the place you bought it has the reciept on file. My LBS has all my history, even the GT Tequesta I bought in 1997.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Maybe the place you bought it has the reciept on file. My LBS has all my history, even the GT Tequesta I bought in 1997.
    I am looking at the new Frame Route for now. The original Store was Supergo in Santa Monica. Someone gave me a contact of some of the former managers of that Supergo, I spoke to them and they confirmed that no records past 2006 were kept anywhere, so I am out of luck on the warranty thing. I am going to start looking for a replacement frame and see what is out there.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.