Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

So, the 2007 Stumpy + CK headset problem returns...UGHH!!!

937 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Stumpy_Steve 
#1 ·
Yes, you read correct. While recently overhauling my bike (im very anal about it being clean), I wanted to take the headset out because I thought I pressed the bottom cup in straight last time with the top cup, and apparently I didn't. Well, while I was looking for the tool to knock the cups out with, my co worker just TUGGED on the bottom cup and it came out. Now, this guy aint THAT strong, so I knew it was true; my headtube was 34.0 instead of 33.9... DAMNIT!!!!:madmax: So, since Im not dropping more coin just for my headset to say King, and im not selling my green one (hell no, im saving it for later!:nono: ), I repressed my old stock cane creek headset, and wala! It hasnt moved since. This was very upsetting, being that now my matching hubs to headset isnt, well, matching anymore... But, whatever, it'll go on my next bike, one day... Unfortunetly, my new tarmac has an integrated headset, so that won't work either. Til the day I get another new bike, you can look at pix of my new tarmac... MMMM!!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
revmonkey said:
sweet pedals :D
Only the best for me! Until I buy another set of beater SL's (and pay the damn thing off, for that matter!), I can't ride it other than around the parking lot. So, I leave those beauties on for those times. It weighs 19.5, with the crappy pedals and in a 58. I can care less about the weight of this bike, cause its way too damn good looking to compare...

#8 ·
Yeah, the 61 is way too big. I'm 6'1. Im running the stock stem in the +8 degree setting, which I think is a 110, but not sure. I haven't ridden it really yet, other than the parking lot, so I haven't dialed it in either. But, Im stoked. I worked a lot of hours last week (9 on Tues, 4 on Wed, 11 on Thurs, 3 on Fri, 8 on Sat, and 7 on Sun), so it's gonna bring me steps closer to my mmm mmm tarmac. And my beater sl's...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.