The Other Dude

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs

We got a bit of snow today, and my Deflect Bibs came in so i figured i would give them a try. My truck temp showed 21 degrees when i got out of it, and the snow was still falling. The bibs paired my defroster shoes and underarmour winter socks worked out great. The bibs did not come with a chamois, so i just put the liner from my Enduro shorts on an it worked out perfect. The bibs are lined with a thermal material that is warm and thin, while they have thin wind resistant panels on the outside of the shorts. The bibs were very comfortable when they were on, and they didnt restrict me at all while i was riding. They kept me at a very comfortable temperature while riding, i never felt a chill, and i never felt overheated, just comfortable. I should mention that I was riding my single-speed, it is easy (for me anyways) to overheat, and these did a perfect job. It says something when what you wear keeps you at the perfect temp.....being frozen, or getting overheated on a ride is never good. On the upper half I used an under armour short sleeve base layer, specialized long sleeve wool jersey, a specialized deflect jacket, and the Radiant gloves. It seemed to be a killer combo for the weather.

Matched with the defroster shoes that i put on for the drive out there, along with some toe warmers to build up some heat in the shoes before i hit the cold, it was a great ride. Here are some pictures from south western PA, Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc280885.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc280886.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc280887.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc280889.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc280892.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc280894.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc280895.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc280896.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc280897.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc280899.jpg  

Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    May 2008
    By Chance are these pics taken at bradys run?

The Other Dude
    Yup they are, it's right in my backyard
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Um, your water bottle is upside down.
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by pop_martian
    Um, your water bottle is upside down.
    Good eye, keeping the bottle upside down in below freezing temps keeps the water in the mouth valve on the bottle from freezing up.

The Other Dude
    Got out for a bit more today on the 1x9 while I get some things on the single speed figured out. It was great again today, and I was out for most of the morning, and it was in the upper 20's, so a bit warmer. The trails were great and for the most part i was the first one out on them, although on the other side of the park there were quite a few hiker tracks. The deflect tights were still good in the upper 20s, again very comfortable, no overheating. Any other specialized winter riding pics?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc300903.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc300905.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc300909.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc300911.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc300913.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc300916.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc300917.jpg  

Snow Ride! Got to try out the Deflect Bibs-pc300914.jpg