Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Smaller sized stumpjumpers?

766 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dirtpunk7 
#1 ·
I have a size small 2005 stumpjumper and it's a tad big. i think I have about an in clearance but I ride it ok. Just curious, do they make smaller sized stumpjumpers? What other options do I have? I am 5'6 with 27 in inseam I think.

#6 ·
I am 5'4(27" inseam) and own a 06 Stumpy. It is the perfect fit for me. If you are actually 5'6 with a 27" inseam, then that is the bike for you. You really do not have a choice unless you want a women's specific bike like RYAN E said. There is no extra small Stumpy.
Your torso sounds like it is pretty long compared to your legs, which would make the cockpit a bit cramped if you went smaller anyways. 1 inch of clearance is acceptable. I actually have maybe 2 mm clearance for my 07 Enduro Pro and have never had an issue with dismounting or anything.
Is it possible that you are used to BMX bikes and a smaller coickpit just feels more natural to you? Just a thought that occurred to me, nothing more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.