Coi
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Small Specialized Rockhopper Expert 29er Frame

Hi, I'm new to mountain biking. Just bought a Small 29er Specialized Rockhopper Expert from craigslist. He told me it was 2010 model. I noticed that the top tube is curved downward. I checked the Specialized website and I cant find any frame of that shape. All the 29er rockhoppers have a straight top tube. A friend told me that it was a women's frame but i refused to believe. Does anybody know why the top tube is curved downward? The only reason I can think of is that it has 29er wheels and because of its size being small (15"), they curved the top tube to compensate for the riders height. Please enlighten me regarding the matter.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small Specialized Rockhopper Expert 29er Frame-rock-hopper.jpg  

mtbr member
    Spesh doesn't show small 29ers on their website, and the geometries are usually quite different. Obvious reasoning being the necessary standover height.

You can see here the difference between a Spesh website picture (at least a med, maybe a large) vs. and actual small in a 2011 SJ HT EVO R.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small Specialized Rockhopper Expert 29er Frame-evo-r-small.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Coi
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cru_jones View Post
    Spesh doesn't show small 29ers on their website, and the geometries are usually quite different. Obvious reasoning being the necessary standover height.

You can see here the difference between a Spesh website picture (at least a med, maybe a large) vs. and actual small in a 2011 SJ HT EVO R.
    so it does not mean that my bike's for girls right? just wanna prove my friend wrong.. hehe

mtbr member

Specialized Rock Hopper

Here's my small Stumpjumper, Same frame geometry. It's so us shorter men have room for our balls when we have to stander the frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small Specialized Rockhopper Expert 29er Frame-20110411192956.jpg  

2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

Coi
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    sweet! thanks for the info guys! Now I would be riding it with my head up high knowing I ain't riding a girls bike. Thanks!

Coi
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    One more thing. Bought it for $300. Mint condition. No scrapes nor scratches. Few marks on the pedals. good deal?

mtbr member
    Good deal! Enjoy the ride.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er