mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Small Specialized Pitch Pro to what size 2010 SX Trail 2???

Hey guys,

I had a small Pitch pro which I loved, but had to sell and now I'm looking to pick up a SX Trail 2. The reason I got the Pitch pro in small was that people said it tended to be bigger than the advertised size.

So my question is, if I were to get the new SX trail 2, what frame size should I buy? Should I pick up the small or a medium? I couldn't find a shop with a demo unit available, so I couldn't just go sit on one. Your input is apprecaited!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    From the looks of the specialized bike fitment guide, it looks like I am on the verge of a small and a medium...I am 5'8 and about 170lbs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Bike fit is a little bit personal, but for what it's worth, I'm just a hair taller (under 5' 9") and very little bit heavier than you and my medium 2009 SX Trail fits like a glove. I expect the 2010 and future versions will fit about the same.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for the reply!

Do you feel as if the bike is too long? Like is it easy to flick around when going dh?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I am 5'10" and picked up a medium however, through the process of buying it, I did try a small frame and felt surprisingly good!!! The difference is about 21mm in tubes.

If you were comfortable in the Pitch in a small frame and doing AM riding, I am sure the small frame for the SX will feel the same, and probably easier to handle for FR.

I went from Enduro SL medium to SX medium.

SX - BEST BIKE EVER!